google now and now on tap not working after marshmallow update [LG G3]

BigRobH

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Okay so me and my bro have LG G3s and 2 or 3 days ago now, we get the option to update. He did his right away which made us late for something, but i waited ald let it update that night when i was sleeping. Anyhow i woke up to an updated phone and everything was working fine until i wanted to checked my google now cards to see what was new in the world. So i click on it and it comes up as not being available and tells me to check my network connection..... Ive tried restarting the phone, uninstalling and reinstalling and a few other things but nothing seems to work, but my brothers phone has no issues at all, i just dont know what to do from here, any help is appreciated!

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 121220.jpg
    121220.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 47

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen on wi-fi and mobile data? Do other Google apps work fine, like Gmail, the Google Play Store, etc.?

Try going to Settings>Apps>All, select Google, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now try again.

BigRobH

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Ok just tried that and got the same thing. Chrome searches work just fine if i go through the chrome app, but when i click on my search bar widget or even use the " press and hold the home button, then slide up " technique to get to the google app all i get is it says its offline

Attachments

• 122339.jpg
    122339.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 36

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do other Google apps work fine, like Gmail and Google Play Store?

Also, does this happen on both wi-fi and mobile data?

BigRobH

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, everything else is fine. Literally the only thing thats wrong is the google app itself... Keeps saying something is wrong with the network but everything is enabled for it. Tried the cache thing and even uninstalling and reinstalling it. Thus is the app that isnt working properly, it wasnt acting up till the update.

Attachments

• 122348.jpg
    122348.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 28

BigRobH

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Ive tried resetting app preferences, airplane mode, and reset all settings to default. Whenever I was trying to change settings earlier it kept coming up with com.android.settings stopped... I have no idea what to do. Im tempted to revert back to lollipop for a little while... Anyone know how to do that?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's frustrating. I'm running out of ideas, sorry. Try uninstalling updates to Android System Webview (which you can find in the Google Play Store).

BigRobH

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
I reverted back to the earlier version of google last night... Still no good. I sent in a support request to verizon, let's see what they have to say. I will keep this thread updated as to what happens in case anyone else has a similar issue when they update.

BigRobH

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Earlier version of Google. I tried posting this on many sites including the Verizon site which shoulda been helpful, but in the end I ended up backing up all my files and factory resetting the phone.... Took me the better part of the day to get everything straightened out but it's finally done and writing this is the first thing I did since clearing up the issue! Hope it helps someone later.