Google Now Launcher Slow/Buggy? (Verizon Moto X on Lollipop)

Bolt

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I love this phone, but every time I exit an app it takes 2 or 3-Mississippi's to go back to the homescreen after I hit home or back. The screen will be blank, blink for a moment then the icons will show up. I was wondering if anyone was experiencing a similar thing with a VZ lollipop Moto X 2014? Is this a common bug with this phone? I'm currently using Nova launcher, and it is a little better, but there is still an occasional studder.

I'm disappointed that I have to resort to a 3rd party launcher. Why is the GN launcher always so buggy? It runs just about as laggy as it did running over TouchWiz on my 2011 Galaxy SIII. Is this just a lollipop problem, or is there something wrong with my phone? Should I contact Motorola?

Thanks!

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
It's a known bug that was exposed during the soak test but they pushed the OTA regardless. Disappointing, too, since KitKat was silky smooth and without any bugs whatsoever. Lollipop is full of bugs and the Moto X exposes them all since it isn't a skinned version of Android.

shamelin73

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I am not on the Verizon model but the Pure on ATT and I am having the launcher crash quite often. Not sure what has caused it have not installed anything recently.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I am having this issue, too:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/mo...-redraw-low-memory-since-lollipop-update.html

I think it's not so much the launcher as it is the memory management on Lollipop. I think something is causing the Android OS to remove the launcher (and other apps) from memory, causing them to close and then forced to re-open when you hit the home button.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon. It was happening with Nova Launcher and it's happening with the Google Now Launcher for me. I cleared cache and it seems to have improved only slightly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid