Google now voice action shortcut

NightRacer

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Id like to make greater use of Google now's voice action feature, and was wondering if there was a way to set it as a shortcut. Right now I have the default google search app where I can click on the mic and it goes to it, but I was wondering if there was a 1x1 tile app that can do the same thing, and can be added to the launcher, or as a lock screen widget. (wait I dont have 4.2.2. Damn it) Im trying out Open Mic+ right now, but "listen while screen is off" plumets battery life, and I have to actually unlock the phone to get anything done with it turned off.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Id like to make greater use of Google now's voice action feature, and was wondering if there was a way to set it as a shortcut. Right now I have the default google search app where I can click on the mic and it goes to it, but I was wondering if there was a 1x1 tile app that can do the same thing, and can be added to the launcher, or as a lock screen widget. (wait I dont have 4.2.2. Damn it) Im trying out Open Mic+ right now, but "listen while screen is off" plumets battery life, and I have to actually unlock the phone to get anything done with it turned off.

It would be cool if it could listen and not drain the battery like it's going out of style.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It would be cool if it could listen and not drain the battery like it's going out of style.

I wish some company would come out with a phone that could listen all the time using a dedicated low-energy processor that minimizes battery use but allows you to speak commands to the phone any time ... ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramki