Google now

penningtonsm

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, when I first got my note 4, OK Google worked even when the phone was off. But since I've installed a few things and changed a few things like Nova launcher and the like, it doesn't work on the off screen anymore. I can't figure out which change I did affected ok Google, but really want that feature back. I checked my settings and they are all set. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'll bet it was the Nova Launcher. That's when my Google Now stopped working with the screen off. For me, it's no biggie.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Oh no...I hope that's not the case....just picked up my note 4 and want to use Nova but I think the idea of using google now with screen off is genius...

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I have nova prime and mine works with the screen off. Albeit, it's not as sensitive. It works well from the lock screen and on...but sometimes it's a hit and miss.

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, when I first got my note 4, OK Google worked even when the phone was off. But since I've installed a few things and changed a few things like Nova launcher and the like, it doesn't work on the off screen anymore. I can't figure out which change I did affected ok Google, but really want that feature back. I checked my settings and they are all set. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hmm what i have noticed now is that when I have a lock screen with password, and I say Ok Google, it says please unlock your phone.
But when I have no password on lock screen, Ok google works fine.

before it wasn't like that..I am guessing too it's the Nova Launcher since I updated it!

penningtonsm

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys. I got it to work. It only works when there is no noise though. Can't hear me at work or something. Not sure why that is though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ILTAFGICHKI