Google Pixel 2 xl not compatible with Honda Fit EX 2016

Ruth1023

Sep 17, 2018
Visit site
I am so frustrated. Who is able to modify their app, settings, hardware, so I can use my, "Honda Link", hands-free steering wheel system and, display android auto on my touchscreen. I do not have a built in app for android auto on my screen.
Help is really appreciated. When you spend 900.00 givor take on a phone I would think it could work with car.:mad:

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Well, if the vehicle doesn't support Android Auto, you're NOT going to get it to work through the screen in your dash. Just because you spent a load of cash on a phone does not mean it will magically work. Can you at least stream through Bluetooth or are you having trouble with that also?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2017 Honda Civic LX p with Honda Link. Honda Link enables use of Bluetooth calls and streaming. It is not the same thing as Android Auto. Android Auto capability requires a higher end head unit from Honda or an aftermarket head unit purchased elsewhere. I didn't get a head unit that supports Android Auto, but I am able to stream Spotify, Google Play Music, etc using Honda Link.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
And if you have a mount for your phone, you can utilize that Bluetooth streaming alongside Android Auto displaying on your phone and get close to the experience. This is what I do and my car doesn't even have Bluetooth built in - I bought an Anker "puck" that connects to my phone through Bluetooth and the car through the AUX-IN port but you wouldn't need this.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Hallux, if you want to play auto mechanic, Walmart has some Kenwoods that work well on Bluetooth from a phone. Just bring the phone with you - because some of them won't even connect, so you have to try the ones n display. (The BT3**U [there are a couple of models - I chose the 330, for about $119] - I think the BT522HD replaced it - single-DIN - work for media and phone.)

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
@Rukbat thanks, but I have an XM sub through my factory-installed radio and for the ~2 more years I plan to keep the vehicle the cost isn't really worth it. I just hope the vehicle I'm planning to get has wireless AA and a USB-C port (though I guess that isn't needed with wireless AA). I'm satisfied with the solution I have right now, for the grand total of about $30 it cost me for the 12v charger, USB-C cable and Bluetooth "puck".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tile1