Google Pixel yellowish display

A

AC Question

Just got my Google Pixel today and immediately I noticed that the screen has a yellowish tone in white background compare to my previous HTC 10 or iPhone screen.

Is it normal?

iainive

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
No. I don't have night mode turned on.

Attached is the picture I took side by side with my previous HTC 10 for comparison. Both display brightness is set to maximum.

382b1443-9722-4843-a37a-6c30060e8f7a.jpg

I am curious to know if this is normal to a Pixel screen or I have a defected unit. :'(

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
No. I don't have night mode turned on.

Attached is the picture I took side by side with my previous HTC 10 for comparison. Both display brightness is set to maximum.

View attachment 251874

I am curious to know if this is normal to a Pixel screen or I have a defected unit. :'(
I have noticed that compared to my s7 edge which is more on the pinkish side that the pixel whites are yellowish when side by side. Even the iPhone has a warmer blue hue to its whites. Do you notice it even when not side by side to your HTC?

iainive

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
Yes. I can see that iPhone display tent to have blue hue to its whites.

Frankly, I can feel the difference even not compare side by side but it is minor though.

If you have noticed the same with your Pixel as well, then I think it is the nature of the screen. That's clear my doubts in mind.

Thanks guys.