Google Play Music Crashes

fishman04

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm running the latest Cyanogenmod 9 nightly, and every time I try to stream music over anything but wifi, it crashes. Any fix to this?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Did you do a full wipe? Did you restore Music or install it fresh from the market?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

fishman04

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried a full wipe yet, but I'll end up doing it as a last resort. I did though, uninstall and reinstall it, and tried reflashing the rom twice.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
You should be doing a full wipe whenever you flash a ROM. Especially if you start getting issues like force closes.. It is ALWAYS because you did not wipe and/or you restored bad data.

fishman04

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
The full wipe worked so far. I thought that just wiping the cache and dalvik cache would be good enough but apparently it wasn't. Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
The full wipe worked so far. I thought that just wiping the cache and dalvik cache would be good enough but apparently it wasn't. Thanks

When you're "dirty-flashing", such as going from one nightly to the next, the minimum you should do is wipe cache and dalvik, and format /system. You can get away with it a lot on nightlies... however when you start to have issues like that just assume you need to do a full wipe if you havent.

"The More You Know...."

:)

fishman04

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
After a day, it has returned to only working on wifi, at times. It won't work on either 3g or 4g anymore, even though it did yesterday.

fishman04

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
As it turns out, it had nothing to do with the ROM, I had to uninstall AdFree. It must have been interfering with it. I'd rather have music than no ads.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
As it turns out, it had nothing to do with the ROM, I had to uninstall AdFree. It must have been interfering with it. I'd rather have music than no ads.

You know I've heard that many times, that Adfree or any ad blockers cause issues with Google Music but I use both and never have issues.. Weird, lol.

fishman04

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Well after trying again tonight, it stopped working again. Oh well. I guess I'll try getting rid of things like Afree to get it back working.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm not really a fan of the functionality of Google music. It's not very intuitive and I wish there was a now playing button or just a play button.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaylebrown4977