Google Reader

dodgylegs

Banned
Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
Hi Peeps

I was just wondering what you felt the best rss reader was for Android, preferably free. I've heard that some drain battery etc...

I'm new to all this so your thoughts are appreciated.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
The mobile Google Reader site. Just bookmark it and you can make a shortcut from the home screen.

Hi Peeps

I was just wondering what you felt the best rss reader was for Android, preferably free. I've heard that some drain battery etc...

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi Peeps

I use newsrob and it syncs great to google reader and you can store articles offline so that you can read them when you want and don't have to worry about connection. (ie airplane)

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
a vote for newsrob, which is the best rss manager i have seen so far. feedr is decent too, but it does not feature 2 way sync to your GR account

johnny99

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I use Google Reader with a browser bookmark, too. It automatically syncs with any other Google Reader that you are using on another computer.

g0ri11a

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know of an app that will sync with Google Reader and Read It Later? I've tried Paperdroid, but found it to be kind of buggy.

KrispyKrink

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know of an app that will sync with Google Reader and Read It Later? I've tried Paperdroid, but found it to be kind of buggy.

Newsrob and FeedR are both great apps for Google Reader syncing and offline reading. They both auto sync, support "staring" an article, have screen widgets and more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maddy2005