Google?s Battle for Web Dominance Against Facebook Starts Now

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
"Facebook is free to use the Android contacts API to truly integrate contacts on the device, which would allow users to have more control over their data.”

Translation: Facebook, stop whining and let the users have what they want. Oh, and fix that steaming pile you call an app. Seriously, where the F@%# are my push notifications?

Reactions: dchawk81

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
"Facebook is free to use the Android contacts API to truly integrate contacts on the device, which would allow users to have more control over their data.”

Translation: Facebook, stop whining and let the users have what they want. Oh, and fix that steaming pile you call an app. Seriously, where the F@%# are my push notifications?

Agreed. I don't even have the app installed since it's so useless. It's pretty bad when a social app for BlackBerry is superior to a social app for Android.

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I tried using the built in contacts integration, but ended up with duplicate and triplicate entries. Facebook on my phone went buh-buy.

Sent from my Froyo Fascinate using Tapatalk.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Facebook for Android definitely needs a lot of work still. One of the few apps from my BlackBerry that I miss was the Facebook app. Mostly it's notifications.

Ronindan

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah the facebook app for android sucks (to say the least). For the love (insert your adjective here) I could not get the notifications to work. The good thing is that I use Tweetdeck.

As for the topic of the thread, I don't really think google and facebook are fighting each other. I think the move by google is just a nice way of telling facebook to get thier s*** together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberprettyfashiongirl95