Google sign in the background?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I was using smart select to screenshot a picture and I noticed that half my screen is a different shade of white (bottom half) and I can see a little Google sign on the left. It's not very opaque but it's kind of annoying. Anyone else see this or is there something wrong with my phone? I can only see it when I'm on an all white screen type thing.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Does this show on the screenshot itself? or just on your display? If the first, sounds like Google's Assistant popping up for some reason (maybe you have it assigned to a key you're pressing when taking the screenshot?) If the latter, it could be burn-in (ghost image that got 'burned' into the display from being displayed statically for too long at usually very high brightness levels); if this is the case, that 'overlay' would show on every single thing you do on your phone, and would only show on your screen, not on screenshots.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, sounds like burn-in to me.... There are apps in the play store that can MAYBE help (by cycling a bunch of colors and brightness levels on the screen) that might reduce the burn in, but no guarantees.

If the image, however, shows also on screenshots, then it's something else (since you didn't confirm that, I don't know)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL