Google Survey Opinion ad poping from any app (Home Screen, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram etc.)

kadvel

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone.

This problem started yesterday after I downloaded APK for ELEMENTS layer to install. Google survey opinion ad started to pop in its own browser even when watching YouTube, browsing internet etc. I then deleted layers, and run Avira antivirus and Malwarebytes scan which both found nothing. Then I ran Stubborn Trojan Killer App which found trojan in Layers Showcase app, so I deleted the app and I thought problem is gone. But ad is poping out again unfortunately. I checked apps and they seem to be clean, I don't know what could be the problem anymore.

Could somebody help me please? I wouldn't like to clean flash ROM, and have to download all the apps again.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I won't do the whole 'That's what you get from downloading APKs from shady sources' speech (OK, maybe I did a little), but I will say SHAME ON YOU!

That out of the way... Is it just on the browser? If so, try clearing cache/data from it.

kadvel

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
They open in their own custom browser in full screen.

I ran CCleaner, some Adware softwares and removed some threats, so I hope that fixed it but I am not sure yet. They may open again, so I will wait and see if they do.

And yeah, I am an ***** for downloading those APKs, never again.

But feel free to throw more suggestion on how to resolve this problem.

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
OK, let's see if the 'infection' is deep into the system or if it's an app that can be removed. Try booting your phone into Safe Mode (this should keep any non-system apps from loading at boot). Do you see the same?

When you see the ad pop up, are you doing anything on your phone or does it pop up out of the blue? Does it happen if you're using any app or just when using a browser?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenamac