Google Sync???

ericks17

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
How do you only get certain contacts to sync through google. I exported my contacts from my phone into a vcf using the option the droid to put them on the sd card. I did this to get them on google because for some reason they weren't syncing, no contacts I had on my phone were going to google. Now that they are on google, email addresses have synced to my phone and I don't want them to, it fills up contact list with useless email addresses on my phone. How do I only sync contacts I want?

shdwjackal

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I would imagine google sync wouldn't even be necessary. The Droid had me enter my login info an did the rest, setting up my email and populating all my contacts

ericks17

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Ya I did that and it set up my email but never did sync my numbers. I had to get them off the droid and import them into google. my question is how do you not sync the email addresses i have on there already and just sync my phone numbers

tuga

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
i can manage to sync most of the things on the phone without any additional apps on the phone or on my system. however, one thing i've noticed is that the calendar entries i make on the phone don't update in google calendar (online). anything i enter online, syncs, no problems.

the only way i've heard around this is by syncing google<>outlook<>phone, and i'd just as soon keep MSoffice out of that loop.

thoughts?

korp#IM

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Ya I did that and it set up my email but never did sync my numbers. I had to get them off the droid and import them into google. my question is how do you not sync the email addresses i have on there already and just sync my phone numbers
Do you have the sync turned on? Settings > Accounts & Sync Settings ... auto sync and your account. I'm not sure if it merges contacts that are already there or not but I would assume.

ericks17

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I don't think people understood what I meant, I'll try and explain mysels better hopefully. See I've had gmail for quite sometime now. When I got gmail I imported my hotmail address book to gmail. All those email addresses are the ones I don't want synced to my phone, see what I mean? I took all the contacts from my old phone and put them into gmail so they would sync to my droid. But then also came all these email addresses as well, that have no relations to phone contacts. So is there a way to seperate the phone contacts I recently put in with the email addresses I already had on gmail so that only the contacts from my old phone sync and not the list of email addresses already in gmail?

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
Unfortunately not, or let me say I haven't found a solution. Everything in your Google contacts syncs to your phone. Which is unfortunate, I have a bunch of people I gave Wave invites to that are not in my contacts and on my phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unknownd