Google TV Sounds Presets Menu

Gashead

May 29, 2024
Visit site
I have a TCL QLED TV 65C636 purchased in Thailand. I am trying to change the sound settings but the menu I have does not contain the sound preset options, I am stuck with whatever the default is? Is there a firmware update I can get to allow me access to this functionality?

Gashead

May 29, 2024
Visit site
Yes, I've tried locally (Thailand) and the the US but no reply. When I bought it I thought Google TV was a good idea...... Not so sure now.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I don't have a whole lot of experience with smart TVs running Google TV, but I doubt there's an option to change the system sounds. Even the Chromecast with Google TV doesn't have an option for that. And keep in mind that TCL is on the budget end, so their TVs usually won't have as many bells and whistles.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Gashead

May 29, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I don't have a whole lot of experience with smart TVs running Google TV, but I doubt there's an option to change the system sounds. Even the Chromecast with Google TV doesn't have an option for that. And keep in mind that TCL is on the budget end, so their TVs usually won't have as many bells and whistles.
I understand what your saying but similar model TCL TVs seem to have a different slightly different menu content and layout. All my software seems to be up to date so I was hoping there was a "simple hack" to get the same menus. I'm not really an Android or Google guy but do you know what controls the settings/menu content? Software, firmware?

Gashead

May 29, 2024
Visit site
For a TV, the firmware would include the software for the UI interface. It's up to TCL. It might be best to contact TCL support directly: https://support.tcl.com/contact-us?contact_query=Please enter your question
I've submitted 3 support questions to the US contact with no response. I think it's because my model isn't (wasn't) sold there. I've been trying Thailand, but their website is a confusing mess and attempts to bypass it with direct emails doesn't seem to work. I really appreciate you trying to help but I'm getting resigned to accepting what I have. Which isn't terrible, it could just use some tweaking.

Reactions: B. Diddy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david3528