Google voice help

haileysmom26

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to try Google voice so I downloaded it but then all my text were coming thru it to...not what I want. So I deactivated it, well now my Sprint vmail doesn't work I searched online tried *730 and *38 messed with my call settings....but no luck! Please help me fix this!!!

Sopharus

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Google voice help!!!!!!!!!

You should just be able to click the "disable" link under the Phones section of your Google Voice settings.

However, you can set it up so that you can use your SMS app and Google Voice. In the Google Voice settings, under "Phones", there's an option for "Receive text messages for this phone". If you enable that, you'll get both an SMS (in your preferred SMS app) and a Google Voice text. You can disable text notifications in GV but keep the voicemail enabled if that's all you're looking for out of GV.

jellem

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site

sounds like you want to disable the google voice voicemail and use the one that sprint offers is this correct?

haileysmom26

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

I finally called Sprint and the had to completely reset my voicemail on their end. Apparently they have had issues with hangups between Google Voice and Sprint.

trmoney24

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site

Sopharus, if you setup the text to come to your phone as well, will it appear from the number of the person that is texting you? or does it come from a random number, and then the number of the person appears in the text itself? i am about to set this up, but i want to know how this works. i'm not a big fan of using the gvoice app for texts.

CaptGeno

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Had a question since we are on the subject of gv, if I make calls with gv, do I use up my minutes? I'm calling within the united states

Sent from my Honeycomed Evo

dwelder

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

This is good info to know for someone looking into google voice. Thanks for this thread. I was looking into google voice but I might hold off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterrekroesbergen