Google voice match and unlock turn off by itself

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Note 9
I've setup Google Voice Match and unlock and it will intermittently conpletely turn itself off (toggle buttons set to off) or just not work even when the toggle buttons are on.

This is really annoying as I live in a hands free state (where you get a ticket even if you are stopped at a light) and don't want to get a ticket for opening up maps or making a call.

This feature worked perfectly on my Galaxy 8.

I've cleared my cache in Google and that helped for 2 days, but I never had to do that on my old phone to make this work. And I always find out it's not working when I'm in the car and need it.

Super annoying.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Note 9
I've setup Google Voice Match and unlock and it will intermittently conpletely turn itself off (toggle buttons set to off) or just not work even when the toggle buttons are on.

This is really annoying as I live in a hands free state (where you get a ticket even if you are stopped at a light) and don't want to get a ticket for opening up maps or making a call.

This feature worked perfectly on my Galaxy 8.

I've cleared my cache in Google and that helped for 2 days, but I never had to do that on my old phone to make this work. And I always find out it's not working when I'm in the car and need it.

Super annoying.
Since it worked for 2 days after you did a cache clear and reboot, you most likely have an app that has administrative privilege to turn it off. Maybe a battery saver, IFTTT recipe, etc. In settings you should be able to see what has made changes in the system, such as wifi history and GPS history. I would look for the problem starting there. Good luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk