google voice update for the tab...

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I dont quite understand google voice. Wtf is it?

Wow... you are like a unicorn or big foot.... I can try and explain at least some of it. Google Voice assigns you a new phone number that you can use for texting, incoming and outgoing calls. It has an elaborate voicemail system that you can use with the number they give you or hook it up to your cell phone so it becomes its voicemail. GV voicemail transcribes your messages and makes them available on the web or within the GV application (the APK available here).

On the Tab, the app is most useful for texting via WiFi and accessing your voicemail in the app. You can also turn your Tab into a phone using a program like GrooveIP that works with GV to make calls.

I think I covered all the basics. I haven't tried this new APK so it might add other new things.

It's pretty cool.

alenzini

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Wow... you are like a unicorn or big foot.... I can try and explain at least some of it. Google Voice assigns you a new phone number that you can use for texting, incoming and outgoing calls. It has an elaborate voicemail system that you can use with the number they give you or hook it up to your cell phone so it becomes its voicemail. GV voicemail transcribes your messages and makes them available on the web or within the GV application (the APK available here).

On the Tab, the app is most useful for texting via WiFi and accessing your voicemail in the app. You can also turn your Tab into a phone using a program like GrooveIP that works with GV to make calls.

I think I covered all the basics. I haven't tried this new APK so it might add other new things.

It's pretty cool.

Good job on the description. I would definitely install the new APK. No more polling, true push notifications. It looks like a true Honeycomb release is getting close, there is a very nice new widget that matches Gmail.

Last edited:

millemots

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Echoing alenzini, the new Google Voice (mine auto-updated via market!) is much nicer than the earlier APK. I was just texting and making calls with it tonight via Groove IP.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaysonIrwin