Google Voice

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Well I'd prefer if you could choose which calls to initiate via google voice. Maybe I'm missing something, but I'd like the option to use google voice or not.

The options that I see are
"use google voice for all calls" - so all calls are made with google voice with no choice.
"only use GV for international calls" - explanatory
"ask to use GV for each call" - promted before EVERY call whether want to make the call with GV or not
"Do not use GV for any calls" - explanatory

I would prefer "Do not use GV unless I enable GV or make the call through the GV app"-

On my BB, I would launch the GV app and dial a number to use it. I like to use it, I just don't want to use it every single call or have to choose before every single call.

skitbraviking

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I see your point about it being a pain or doing it only via the app. I bet that if you choose "Do not use GV for any calls" you could still call via the app, no?

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
How do you do that? I tried putting it on "do not use google voice to make calls" and could not find the option to make a call using google voice either within the app or within the phone app.

ircactus

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
How do you do that? I tried putting it on "do not use google voice to make calls" and could not find the option to make a call using google voice either within the app or within the phone app.

Seems I jumped the gun a bit. Blackberry app Yes. Android app integrates into the dialer itself.

ptfd13

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I have been using it for a little over a week since I got my droid and i love it. I get a printed transcript of my emails and can still listen to them if I choose. I also like being able to control all of this over a website and being able to archive them.

stfd1249

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know if you set your Google Voice number as one of your "top 10" on Verizon if all calls made with Google Voice will be free??

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
call someone with google voice, it'll show the outgoing call number, there is a phone number it dials to place the call, that's your access number

that's how i had found it on my blackberry at least, i haven't really used it much for calling on my droid as we upped the family plan minutes recently and find it easier to have people just use my normal number (mostly because texting via GV sucks and will continue to suck until they can push text notifications)

stfd1249

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Good Info!! Thanks! I am with you on the texting aspect of GV but I do like to use it to make calls for work and what not. Plus I can keep down on my minutes! Thanks again!

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Well I'd prefer if you could choose which calls to initiate via google voice. Maybe I'm missing something, but I'd like the option to use google voice or not.

The options that I see are
"use google voice for all calls" - so all calls are made with google voice with no choice.
"only use GV for international calls" - explanatory
"ask to use GV for each call" - promted before EVERY call whether want to make the call with GV or not
"Do not use GV for any calls" - explanatory

I would prefer "Do not use GV unless I enable GV or make the call through the GV app"-

On my BB, I would launch the GV app and dial a number to use it. I like to use it, I just don't want to use it every single call or have to choose before every single call.

I see your point about it being a pain or doing it only via the app. I bet that if you choose "Do not use GV for any calls" you could still call via the app, no?

Correct.
You can still make calls thru the app.

Seems I jumped the gun a bit. Blackberry app Yes. Android app integrates into the dialer itself.

why do I only have 3 options? I dont have an option to use google voice for all calls.

I missed this the first time around, but since it's at the top -
Put the GV widget on your "desktop". Click it once to use gvoice then dial your number. When done, click it again.

taeisme

Trusted Member
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I have the option when making calls, I enjoy using the app especially for texting. I just can't figure out why..... lol

simp_10

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I have mine set by default to make no calls with google voice but I added a Shortcut to one of my screens and it is called Toggle Google Voice. When you press or toggle the shortcut, it changes from make all calls with, make international only, etc.

To get the toggle shortcut you have to longpress the home screen and add a Shortcut. I just found it tonight. I find something new on my Droid every day!

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I have a couple friends who live in Canada, so I have it set to automatically use Google voice when making an international call (calling to Canada through google voice is free).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AquavaMyalis90