Google Vpn not working?

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Tried to use my Google Vpn today but it seems like it's not working. Haven't changed anything, just seems like it's stopped. I can turn it on but only stays on for a second or two then turns off... Any ideas please? Thanks David.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

Beachboy63

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Mine's been doing the exact same thing. Contacted Google support Friday and spent about 30 minutes trying to troubleshoot without success. Guy told me he had escalated the issue and they would email me back with a solution or information at least but I've heard nothing since.

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Mine isn't working on the 7 pro but it's still working on the 4a 5g. Both are on QPR2. I sent a feedback request to Google.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Seems to be working fine on my 7 Pro. Are you all on the January update? I'm still on December, so if you're on January, maybe it's another bug associated with that update.:-\

EDIT: For the ones on QPR2, make sure to send feedback.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Just checked on my Pixel 7 it is not working either. I haven't been using it though. Turns on for a second or two and then it turned itself off. I am also on the January update so maybe that is the issue.
Another possibility, I'm running the beta 2 QPR, maybe a bug with that.

Beachboy63

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
I'm still unable to get my Google VPN to work even after the recent QPR2 update. It says it's connecting for about a second but it doesn't connect and I get a message to make sure I'm signed in and my subscription is active. It worked well for a while but hasn't worked for a few weeks now. Feedback has been sent. Are others still having the same issue?

fwn

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
I too have this problem. I am as updated as can be. I reported this problem to Google and they say they were aware of it. It worked at the beginning and then just stop working.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I installed a Google one update from the play store this morning and thought it may be the fix, but alas, it‘s snot.

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
With all the issues reported on every new Pixel model, y'all on the beta software are the bravest people in tech. There was a time when I lived on the bleeding edge of tech, using the very latest and most fringe software. Now I find something that doesn't break my mobile and I cling to it like a drowning man clinging to a life preserver.

Pixel 5 and Android 12.

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
With all the issues reported on every new Pixel model, y'all on the beta software are the bravest people in tech. There was a time when I lived on the bleeding edge of tech, using the very latest and most fringe software. Now I find something that doesn't break my mobile and I cling to it like a drowning man clinging to a life preserver.

Pixel 5 and Android 12.
Good point. Before I retired I relied on a phone that worked. It wasn't an option to have problems with calls, texts or maps. Even so, I took the Beta and paid the price. Staying up late to fix it . Feeling like crap the next day with a loss of functionality both in my phone and myself.

I couldn't afford to have secondary devices to experiment with.

Now I am retired and have the time and money to do this. I am disabled so I do need reliable communication, voice, text and internet. Even so, I have screwed it up a couple of times. For the most part I can take the Beta without any serious set backs.

But I see your point.

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
Good point. Before I retired I relied on a phone that worked. It wasn't an option to have problems with calls, texts or maps. Even so, I took the Beta and paid the price. Staying up late to fix it . Feeling like crap the next day with a loss of functionality both in my phone and myself.

I couldn't afford to have secondary devices to experiment with.

Now I am retired and have the time and money to do this. I am disabled so I do need reliable communication, voice, text and internet. Even so, I have screwed it up a couple of times. For the most part I can take the Beta without any serious set backs.

But I see your point.

I remember when it was exciting to see the new features and to figure out work-arounds. It was like a hobby, and the fixing was half the fun. When it's not mission critical to have a phone 24/7 you can afford the luxury of being offline or not getting email immediately. I miss those days. For me it was configuring email on Symbian, getting my BlackBerry to sync with a Mac, or just making my Palm Treo work at all. :) I also got WiFi on my Apple G3 Powerbook before it was supported and made the Powerbook a try-boot with OS9, the OSX Public Beta, and Yellowdog Linux. Linux is a time suck onto itself!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63