Got it! Love it! A question about a third party app (off button)

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone, well I got my Note 9 and its been a long time between drinks for me as I came from an S5

Where to begin? So many features, love the S pen, battery life, always on display etc. And did I mention features? I'll be a month playing around with this, and that's without getting started on Bixby.

The fingerprint sensor is beautifully located, extremely quick and accurate and pulling down the quick notifications with it is a fantastic idea. I suggest to everyone to enable this. I love the much improved native Samsung keyboard with swipe action, resizing, themes etc which I didn't have on my S5.

Ok, an odd thing with a third party "off" software button I used on my S5 so I could turn the phone off instead of the power button. As I said, I have fingerprint unlock set up which works brilliantly.

BUT, if I try unlocking the phone after pressing off with a third party off button, I can't use the fingerprint sensor. A message pops up saying to enter my password as per my security policy. I have tried 3 different off apps and its always the same. An off button has to be a device administrator.

Any suggestions?

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for that, I have a better workaround. I have downloaded "softkey" edge panel. The off button on that works nicely plus it has a bunch of other functions and its perfectly compatible with the fingerprint sensor.