Got my pre-order seidio cases today (pics)

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

Just thought I would share....While we wait lol.. Anyway:

Cases 2, phones 0

LMAO!!

If anyone wants to know anything about the cases just ask. If you want a different pic from another angle let me know. Pics not that great, taken with my DX LOL.

ejweber

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm not familiar with Seidio cases (I've never owned a smartphone). They look rather grippy. Do they slide in and out of a jeans pocket easily?

anon(149276)

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Ya, I got a gel case off amazon 2 weeks ago. Good for size references and daydreaming, not so good for delay anxiety. Ha oh well, it will be here soon enough

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm expecting mine in the next day or 2.

I'm not familiar with Seidio cases (I've never owned a smartphone). They look rather grippy. Do they slide in and out of a jeans pocket easily?

The texture is a little grippy so it won't slide into your pocket as easy as it does without the case but not to bad. Its much better then the silicone cases which are a nightmare to get in and out of a pocket. IMO its one of the better cases out there for a smaller case and the feels really good in you hand.

jd10984

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Hey can we have a link as to where you got it? Thanks :) I have a seidio case for my OG Droid and like it so I have been waiting for one to be released for the T-Bolt :)

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, forgot some peole may not be farmiliar with seidio:

seidioonline.com

Ive been using them since the blackberry days. Have not tried them on a dummy phone.

They are rubberized BUT still pretty smooth to the touch and not too hard to remove from a pocket.

Size wise, if anyone has a DX and was wondering, it seems the tbolt will be about the same thickness of the DX at its fattest part (top).

I like seidio due to the fact that when they release docks etc, they are made to accept the phone with one of their cases on it. Thats what makes them special in my opinion.

Reactions: jd10984

jd10984

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
The Blue one looks SWEET. I'm pretty sure I am going to order one rite now. How long does it usually take to get? Granted its not a big deal since I doubt we'll get the T-Bolt before March 3rd, the sooner the better :)

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
If I remember correctly, there are different shipping options but you can get it in about 3 days without paying an arm and a leg for shipping....

roxy surf

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
The Blue one looks SWEET. I'm pretty sure I am going to order one rite now. How long does it usually take to get? Granted its not a big deal since I doubt we'll get the T-Bolt before March 3rd, the sooner the better :)
All pre orders for this case shipped last friday and people are getting them today...would have been monday but it was a holiday...so that's pretty quick, mine should be here tomorrow

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
almost forgot. Got an email from them the other day, and just looked it up. Through February 28th there are coupon codes:

PRES5 = $5 off $45 or more

PRES10 = $10 off $75 or more

enjoy!

**** yeah saw the battery. May be a MUST HAVE! Well have to see how the stock batt is.

itsdollar

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Nice case. I always have used Seidio batteries. I'm waiting for their extended battery and cover and hopefully a case to go with it. I know the phone will be a little thicker but I want the extra battery life.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I like Otterbox Commuter Series better so I will wait until then. Seidio's are nice case but I just prefer the look, finish and believe quality me seems better in my opinion. Those can't go wrong with either one. The otterbox design having silicone skin with the plastic outer shell is good design.

P.S Just check out the seidio active cases for the evo 4 and if thunderbolt is same I pick that one up instead of th commuter series because seidio outer shell protects corners better. The commuter series seem live corners protected just by the silicone skin which is not too my liking.

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Forgot to add that these are a split type case that seperates at about the middle and there is a top half and a bottom half as you can see in the pics. I thought this was real nice for some people that have the front piece constantly popping off or the dreaded squeeking, creaking case where the clips that hold the front to the back are located.

They are also FELT LINED as to not scratch your device. Well thought out IMO.

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
$30 for a case seems pretty steep...

EDIT: I guess looking at it as an investment helps... but still. $30 for a piece of plastic? :-\

Last edited:

roxy surf

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I apologize for the poor quality pics taken with my blackberry, but here is my purple seidio, the pic doesn't really show the color very well...
utf-8BSU1HMDA0NTAtMjAxMTAyMjMtMjI1NS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA0NTMtMjAxMTAyMjMtMjI1Ni5qcGc.jpg