Got my replacement with the same 505 s/n

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It's something to keep in mind. On the flip side, maybe that's why your refurb was originally sent in and that issue was fixed. There's no real way to tell that I know of.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm in the same boat. Only my original G4 was a 509 serial, which wasn't considered to be on the problematic range for boot loops.

cleankutazn

May 19, 2013
Visit site
You could be right that it was fixed. I'm hoping so, because my warranty runs out in a few months and I wouldn't want the boot loop to happen then. LG is slacking on quality control. I've had cell phones since the late 90's and never had a phone die on me like this. Did you get a replacement phone with a higher s/n?

christianttt

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I guess they just fixed the "loose contact between components" that LG recognized as the main reason of the bootloops. You should ask them.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
You could be right that it was fixed. I'm hoping so, because my warranty runs out in a few months and I wouldn't want the boot loop to happen then. LG is slacking on quality control. I've had cell phones since the late 90's and never had a phone die on me like this. Did you get a replacement phone with a higher s/n?

Nope, went from 509 to 505. I don't really trust any smart phone these days for longevity. They keep trying to make them thinner and lighter, and I think the durability is suffering as a result. Thankfully I got the extended warranty so I'm covered for the life of the phone. I got burned with the refurbish roulette too many times to go without a longer warranty.

cleankutazn

May 19, 2013
Visit site
The replacement I got back now has a permanent black smudge on the camera. It's not really noticeable but since I know it's there, every picture will have it and i'll be looking at it :(. Called for a replacement again and they waived priority shipping. Hopefully I don't get a 505 sn again.