Got my S7. Ask me questions!

cal777flyer

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Also, any hiccups, or is it as smooth as the Best Buy display phones? I ask because the Best Buy phones did not have access to the play store, nor did they have actual phone release software.

Thank you.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Which S7? What color? What carrier? Speaker quality/volume? And after enough time, battery life? What phone did you have previously to compare?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Have you got the stock Samsung Global model with octa core Exynos chipset or one of the U.S. carrier, minority, variants with the quad core Snapdragon chipset?

ron561

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
How's the loud speaker quality and volume?

I tested it against my s6. Couldn't tell much of a difference.

How is the cell signal strength?

How is the gps lock and accuracy for navigation?

How is battery life so far?

It's been fine. If you had the s6, expect about the same signal quality. My s6 and S7 are side by side right now in a low signal environment with the same bars on LTE.

Battery has been slightly better than the S6 so far. Still drains quickly with heavy use, but the extra size helps a bit. I tested doze last night and lost about 8% over 6 hours on WiFi. Not sure how good that is.

Also, any hiccups, or is it as smooth as the Best Buy display phones? I ask because the Best Buy phones did not have access to the play store, nor did they have actual phone release software.

Thank you.

No hiccups yet.

Which S7? What color? What carrier? Speaker quality/volume? And after enough time, battery life? What phone did you have previously to compare?

Regular S7 on T-Mobile in black. Ive used the S6, G4 and iPhone 6 in the last year. S6 being my daily driver.

Have you got the stock Samsung Global model with octa core Exynos chipset or one of the U.S. carrier, minority, variants with the quad core Snapdragon chipset?

Snapdragon for mine.

What phone did you have before?

Answered above

stevenkisor1

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for doing this Ron...

I'm curious about the S7's custom audio chip. Have you had time to try audio over headphones? Any info on audio quality would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.....

Posted via the Android Central App

ron561

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for doing this Ron...

I'm curious about the S7's custom audio chip. Have you had time to try audio over headphones? Any info on audio quality would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.....

I've only used the packaged headphones so far. I want to say it sounds better, but don't take my word on that.

stevenkisor1

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Regular S7 on T-Mobile in black. Ive used the S6, G4 and iPhone 6 in the last year. S6 being my daily driver.

Any comparisons to the G4 would be appreciated too. I also have the G4, (that I'm quite disappointed in) and trying to justify the upgrade.

And thanks again...

ron561

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

Any comparisons to the G4 would be appreciated too. I also have the G4, (that I'm quite disappointed in) and trying to justify the upgrade.

And thanks again...

Just a quick story. I actually switched from my S6 to an iPhone 6, a G4, and then back to a S6. The G4 wasn't a bad phone, but I just did not enjoy using it for some reason. One being it was a little to big for me. A few things I did like about the G4 over the S6 though was the fact that the performance was much better overall, especially with the ram issues and battery. I was able to listen to my podcasts in the back without anything closing. The S7 resolves those issues the S6 had and performance SO FAR is very snappy. So I'd highly recommend you get the S7 over G4, especially if you're looking for a smaller device like myself.

Is the fingerprint scanner faster then the s6 scanner?

Yes one of my favorite improvements. LESS errors and Faster. The S6 would sometimes scan my finger incorrectly multiple times in a row forcing me to enter my password whereas now it works flawlessly. Might have more to do with the API Samsung is using now because the issue seems to been fixed on the S6 in Marshmallow.

What about the camera?

Took a few pictures so far. Everything you've heard about the camera is true. Low light performance is great and day light is stellar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onkareshwar