Gps is off for save battery ?

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I notice my samsung moment always fast drain battery like 2hr is 30% from 90% so i can turn off GPS then battery will slow long is works or not? how tell me ?

masbirdies

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
when I first got my Moment

I freaked a little bit. Battery time was horrible. So, for 3 days in a row, I fully drained the battery until the Moment wouldn't start at all and then recharged it.

Yesterday, I took the phone off the charger at 11:30 and at 10pm still had 70% left. Useage was moderate.

THere is an app that you MUST have. It's called QUICK SETTINGS. It is a complete, one touch, control app for everything that can help manage battery life.

I suggest that if you are not using BT,WiFI, or GPS to keep them turned off. Quick Settings makes it a snap to turn these on as needed.

But, you must condition the battery/internal battery monitor or you will not be happy with the battery on this device.

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Hi djfreeze,
Yes i did check GPS, WI-FI AND BLUETOOTH is off, i dont use wi-fi n bluetooth. if i need go to plan driving travel so turn on GPS is only,

ballroomdru

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I freaked a little bit. Battery time was horrible. So, for 3 days in a row, I fully drained the battery until the Moment wouldn't start at all and then recharged it.

Yesterday, I took the phone off the charger at 11:30 and at 10pm still had 70% left. Useage was moderate.

THere is an app that you MUST have. It's called QUICK SETTINGS. It is a complete, one touch, control app for everything that can help manage battery life.

I suggest that if you are not using BT,WiFI, or GPS to keep them turned off. Quick Settings makes it a snap to turn these on as needed.

But, you must condition the battery/internal battery monitor or you will not be happy with the battery on this device.
Awesome app recommendation. Thank you.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Now I am not so sure that turning off GPS actually saves battery life - at least, it doesn't save your battery headaches. See this post:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/samsung-moment/1116-samsung-moment-battery-life-3.html#post16264

On this successful recharge, I left the GPS on and it is still on. And my phone just dropped to 90% at the hour-and-a-half mark.

I would advice though that you use as few applications using GPS as possible. For example, if you can put in a zip code in your weather app, please do instead of having it follow you around via GPS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bonnieeugene