gps strength

velvetelvis

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
how is the gps on the atrix? i came from and ipone 4 which had a great gps to the inspire which is not so good. google nav is great, but the gps seems to lose me for a few seconds every now and then. so im thinking of switching to the atrix, but i need a good gps as i use it every day. also, i need a good external speaker. never realized how much i use that to talk until i had the inspire which has a very bad external speaker. thanks in advance.

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm sitting inside right now and have a fix on 9 satellites and tracking 10 with an error of 8 meters. The accuracy has proven to be good to me...always shows me on the road and not in the woods. For poops and giggles last night I had motoblur locate my phone...yeah, showed me sitting in my house. I'd say the GPS is good.

The speaker is superb IMOH. My kid and I will wash dishes in the kitchen while listening to her disney music through the speaker.

Vic Nebulous

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I have an older Garmin, which has worked well & reliably for a few years, and last weekend went on an 1,100-mile odyssey with both the Garmin and the Atrix in the car running GPS.

The Atrix (running Google Maps w/Nav) actually picked up turns faster than the Garmin. The display was also easier to read, provided more flexibility, and easier navigation options from the screen.

The best part, for me, was the ability to speak directions ("St. Hubert Street, Montreal") and have it register immediately. Very helpful. Only problem: don't DARE use GPS-level data while roaming in Canada. Bell will hose you but good.

Harleym3

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I just took a trip from virginia beach, through D.C., and into baltimore, hit all kinds of traffic, and using the driving navigation, i was impressed. very easy to follow, great visualizations and notifications. i was obviously hooked up to car charger, and had aux port connected, listening to music, and getting voice directions, very happy with my new atrix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SCZ