Greetings Droids

pdecell

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Really like these forums so I thought I had better join. Currently I have a Droid Eris on Verizon. I really like the phone which I have had since the beginning but I am looking at the current crop of phones trying to decide which one to get.

I use my phone mainly for web browsing and texting and a real biggie is a camera since while I have a DSLR camera, I often take pictures with my Eris and even the occasional short video. The limitations of the camera often force me to get much closer and consider very different approaches to the shot than with my SLR.

Right now I am torn as to which way to go with Verizon. I have looked at the iPhone and in fact bought one for my wife, but I prefer Android. I really like the form of the Droid 3 but the camera issues are a real heart breaker. I love the keyboard but I am not convinced that Moto is going to fix the problem anytime soon. I keep hoping though.

Other options:

The Droid X2 looks interesting as an option- I really don't care about a front facing camera. Both D3 and Dx2 are dual core which sounds nice, but software going to take advantage of that?

I really like the HTC Incredible 2-seems to have the best camera of the lot-but mmmmm for $50 more I can have the Thunderbolt which seems to have the same camera. But if I am in the field I am not going to want to worry so much about phone charging.

Not interested in the bionic. I thought about the Samsung charge and played with it a bit...but I just can't get past the lack of build quality- or at least my perception of it. But I do love the display.

So can I have the keyboard and build of the D3, the display of the Charge and the camera of the Incredibile 2 (or maybe the Charge) and all for less than $200???? ;)

Pretty Please?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Ah HA HA HA HA HA HA! Answer is....No

Is your current contract about up?

Wait till after New year, when the Sensation will lower in price. Forget the manual keyboard.

T-Bolt is now a good phone after software fixes.

Software doesn't take advantage of Dual Core, but maybe the sometime in the future release of ICS will.

Oh... welcome to AC ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user1301