[GUIDE] Force Samsung Emergency Recovering with Samsung Kies

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Force Samsung Emergency Recovering with Samsung Kies

What is needed: USB Cable for the device, Samsung Kies installed on your PC or Mac, and some patience.

Get Samsung Kies From here - Kies

[NOTE]
This should work for most Samsung devices as long as you can get the device into Download Mode. Before you start you will need 2 crucial things, the serial number and the model number of the device ex.(SM-G920T). These can be found behind the battery on the back of the device or on the box. WRITE THEM DOWN.​
[/NOTE]

[WARN]DISCLAIMER: THIS WILL WIPE THE DEVICE TO OUT OF THE BOX CONDITION!
You will lose all your data that was on the device. This process will return the device to out of the box state
[/WARN]

[TIP]
Please be patient on the first boot up as well. It may take a little while to boot so please don't lose hope and pull the battery or power it off​
[/TIP]

Ready to start? Then lets go.

Power the device off all the way if you haven't done so yet.
Open Samsung Kies
Go to Tools
Click on Firmware Upgrade and Initialization.

Screenshot (2).jpg

Type in the Device Name / Model Number (ALL CAPS) and hit OK

FirmwareRestore_1.png

Type in the serial number of the device. (ALL CAPS)

FirmwareRestore_2.png

You will then get a popup that is a warning about what is about to happen.
Basically its about to wipe the device and return it to stock.

FirmwareRestore3.png

The next popup you will get is Kies telling you what firmware number will be installed.

FirmwareRestore4.png

Now it will tell you it is preparing the firmware download.

Screenshot (3).png

[INFO]
Next popup will be the instructions on how to put the device in to recovery mode or download mode. With the device powered off hold down the volume down button, home button, then the power button. This will put the device in to download mode.Press Volume up to start the download​
[/INFO].

download-mode-galaxy-s21.jpg

Connect the device to your computer and now Start Upgrade should be ready to press.
Press it

Screenshot (5).png

[NOTE]
Once you press it, it will tell you that the firmware is now downloading and not to disconnect.Depending on your internet speed and the connection to Samsung's server it could take a while. Keep in mind that it is downloading the entire ROM which is usually over 1GB in size.​
[/NOTE]

Screenshot (8).png

Once the download is completed you will get a popup about the terms and conditions of the upgrade.
Put a check saying you understand what is about to happen and yes or no to the next question.

FirmwareRestore6.png

[NOTE]
Samsung Kies will now start pushing the software to the device. You will see a little blue bar on the device for the progress. Let it do its thing. The device will reboot automatically when it is done.​
[/NOTE]

IMG-20140208-01196.jpg

[TIP]
Remember this from earlier? Please be patient on the first boot up as well. It may take a little while to boot so please don't lose hope and pull the battery or power it off​
[/TIP]

Once the device boots up all the way you should now be able once again enjoy your newly recovered / updated device.

FirmwareRestore8.png

Last edited:

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Very well written and presented.

What is the purpose of this?

Is it to recover a frozen Samsung. Is it to force update new firmware? Wouldn't it be available anyway.

What does Force Samsung Emergency Recovering mean?

I have elected to speak for the more dense amongst us, so I am portraying myself as dense on their behalf. :-!

Thanks.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Very well written and presented.

What is the purpose of this?

Is it to recover a frozen Samsung. Is it to force update new firmware? Wouldn't it be available anyway.

What does Force Samsung Emergency Recovering mean?

I have elected to speak for the more dense amongst us, so I am portraying myself as dense on their behalf. :-!

Thanks.

This is for people who are unable to boot into their device . They are stuck at the Samsung screen and unable to go further.

Not everyone knows how to use ODIN. This is an easy way to get them fixed up.

hisham sadiq

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
but bro. my mobile is samsung galaxy grand prime. i updated my device using samsung kies now. but updated os is kitkat 4.4.4.. how can i update it to lollypop... can u halp me...

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
i did that. still gives me the same message.
It could be that your partitions are messed up. I'll have to search around for a thread that I used when I had a similar issue with an S3. It was an issue with a lot of Version versions of the S3 but you can use it on any S3.

Sal1982

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
It could be that your partitions are messed up. I'll have to search around for a thread that I used when I had a similar issue with an S3. It was an issue with a lot of Version versions of the S3 but you can use it on any S3.

yeah maybe. but even if it's not plugged in, i still see the same message.

Sal1982

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site

My phone is working now. I reflashed twrp and it just started working with cm13.

I'm guessing it was the recovery files?

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej