Hard reset a locked Epic?

AndroiduserT

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

My coworker has locked himself out of his Epic 4G. He used the pattern lock and managed to lock himself out. To make matters worse, he cannot log in through his gmail account.
He doesn't care about anythig on the phone, he just wants to get it to work again. Is there anyway to do a hard reset in this scenario?

i tried holding volume down + camera on boot up, but it still loads to the lock screen. Maybe that's the wrong procedure to open the bootloader.

Thanks in advance all!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You could again try to get into recovery.. . Proper way is..

Volume Down + Camera + Power

If that doesn't work then I think your only option left is to use Odin to factory restore the device.

[How to] Factory Restore (or Fix a Bricked Phone)

Choose procedure #2 (Froyo EB13) to restore the device and once your done and booted back up give it about 5-10 minutes and the device will notify you of the OTA update to Froyo EC05.

[WARN]This option will completely wipe/reset the device. All data on the device will be lost but anything like pictures, music, etc. on the sdcard will be SAFE.[/WARN]

AndroiduserT

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
You could again try to get into recovery.. . Proper way is..

Volume Down + Camera + Power

If that doesn't work then I think your only option left is to use Odin to factory restore the device.

[How to] Factory Restore (or Fix a Bricked Phone)

Choose procedure #2 (Froyo EB13) to restore the device and once your done and booted back up give it about 5-10 minutes and the device will notify you of the OTA update to Froyo EC05.

[WARN]This option will completely wipe/reset the device. All data on the device will be lost but anything like pictures, music, etc. on the sdcard will be SAFE.[/WARN]

UGH!!! it worked. thanks!
I was letting go of the power button.

Thanks!!!