has anybody here tried the sholes rom

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site

Libuff

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
i just finished using this software... it was fairly simple.. you just need to manually do the "Update.zip" step, but the software tells you what to do before that step comes. otherwise, its straight forward!

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
it's great been running 2.02 for about two days now its fast stable and a beast I love that I can customize it how I want when installing it if you want a custom rom sholes is not a bad place to look

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm really thinkiing about making the plunge because this really seems to be the sure safe option without any drawbacks. Before I do this, are there any flaws in this or bugs/glitches. Just curiious because if I do it, I don't wannt to regret it. Oh and by overclocking the droid at 800 mhz iis it safe or can it harm the phone itself. Thanks in advance for your help.

rommer

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
Running the Sholes stuff now.

Very stable but not 100% perfect. I had problems with FC's with most apps that just the Google maps API. I fixed that by pushing a different com.google.android.maps.jar to the phone. Not hard to do but not for everyone either. I do trust it enough that I installed the rom on my wife's phone as well.

Overall I give it an A-

BTW - running both phones at 1Ghz speed and they are VERY stable.

pmas

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
yes..all from the phone. The app walks you through the process. I suggest you read the other forums that have specific posts for version 2.0.3 so you know what to do. there are things you want to install and things that should be left out. Before it flashes the ROM, you have a choice.

pmas

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Oh also, a version 2.0.4 should be out tonight or tomorrow. I saw it was being tested when I loaded the app a few minutes ago. May want to wait for 2.0.4

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
How does this compare to bugless beast? I'm using bugless beast and it's awesome, so I'd be interested to hear a pro/con for anyone who has tried both.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
you have to use the app called "setcpu" its in the market for $.99. thanks for letting me know how it is. atte there any significant changes from the stock UI. did you use the steamed glass one?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Don't overclock the sholes Tom with taz's kernal will just cause problems their rom is pre overclocked to 1 MHz that should be fine

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
If. Your running bugless their about the same on the outside minus flac support and a few other things as far as pros and cons you can run taz's kernal with bugless

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waimopete