Has anyone ever been sold a Tampered phone?

gimbo22

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

I have a Sprint Galaxy S2 phone that I bought through my carrier,Ting.They use Sprint towers and Sprint phones.

Not long ago I decided to try updating my phone from ICS to JB with the update off the official Samsung website.It completely bricked my phone in the process.After jumping through a few hoops talking to the Samsung customer support,they finally let me send the phone in so they could repair it.They promptly sent the phone back saying that my phone is "beyond repair". After calling them to find out more info,they said that they couldnt repair the phone because the motherboard that is currently in the phone is basically foreign and asked me if I did anything with the phone or if I ever had it repaired by anyone previously,which I never did.So basically my phone was tampered with by either Sprint or Ting,replacing the stock Samsung motherboard with an unauthorized one.Then bought by yours truly at "new phone" price.

When I got the phone,it was in its Sprint logo box,professionally wrapped in its factory style plastic wrap.When I opened the phone up it looked brand spanking new,manual was there and everything.Basically no indication of tampered wares.Now im being pushed back and forth by everyone I call,basically them pointing fingers at each other and Im at a loss because I have no proof of who actually did the tampering.

Has anyone ever went through anything like this with their phone? if so was any conclusion reached? or did you just have to let it go?:'(

Apex43

May 30, 2013
Visit site
It is probably a refurbished unit. Go to Ting and tell them and try to get a replacement. They really shouldn't be selling phones that brick themselves. Good luck