Has anyone gotten Roam Control to work on the LTE?

JayMunOne

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Trying to figure out if I should root the phone in order to get it to force roam with the app. I did it with my OG EVO, but the app developer swears you don't need root with an HTC phone for the app to work. Tried it today and it didn't work. Concerned about rooting then missing software updates...I rooted only for roam only, and I'm not into using different ROMs. Any help would be really appreciated.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

JayMunOne

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Decided not to wait and did it myself. YES: Roam Control 2.2 still works for the EVO LTE, you just need to root. For anyone who works inside a concrete building with shotty coverage, this is a Godsend. I just saved my battery and a lot of headaches. If you're considering, do it.

JayMunOne

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Ive been using Roam Control on my OG EVO for two years. Every workday from 8-5. Lots of data on a Verizon tower likely. Sprint hasn't complained once. We'll see what happens with this one. However, before I could use 4g WiMax while roaming at times. I wonder if roaming now will keep me off LTE signal once it gets here.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrewbline