Has anyone had success with SVTP or FoxFi for wifi hotspots?

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
One feature I love on my Nexus is the ability to run SVTP free wifi hotspot with my unlimited data. Setting up a hotspot for my family while on trips has become essential and avoiding an extra monthly charge is nice. But the app doesn't work on any of the other phones in the family (HTC Rezound, Droid Razr Maxx) and I am hoping that either this or FoxFi works on the HTC One. Any success with these?

RacerX17237

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I am new here so take it as you will. I have the HTC One on verizon, bought it yesterday. Installed PDAnet+ and Foxfi. I forgot my usb cable to tether so what the heck I tried WiFi. It works. I am able to get my laptop internet access from my cellphone. was worried about being charged mobile hot spot so I tried using verizon's mobile hotspot and it says that I need a subscription and to call *611. It appears that the HTC One on Verizon is allowing wifi to be shared through Foxfi. Looks like pdanet and foxfi are creating a secure tunnel that bypasses verizon's authentication on the phone. If you go into your security settings you can have a password and secure the connect for yourself which I recommend. but if not you can just leave it alone and share it out.

Hit me up and I will try to post so screen grabs alittle later.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhajajajajjdjjf