Has anyone that ordered an 8GB on 11/27 received it?

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It probably has shipped but there are such a large amount of people that want to buy it, it's been "sold out" on the play store.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
That is true, I know some people got it though. 8GB is honestly a stupid choice, you only get 5GB overall after the android operating system and everything else, can't even store half of music and that's without any apps.

jaxdave

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Still waiting. I ordered 2 on 11/27 and haven't heard a peep. I ordered a 16GB on 12/12 and it was on my doorstep on 12/14! Hard to figure out.

Doooshty

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
That is true, I know some people got it though. 8GB is honestly a stupid choice, you only get 5GB overall after the android operating system and everything else, can't even store half of music and that's without any apps.

I disagree that its a stupid choice. Most of my storage is already in the cloud. My music, movies, photos are all in one cloud service or another, so the 8GB made perfect sense to me.

Just because it doesn't work for you, doesn't mean that its stupid. I have no need to carry all 15,000 songs I have in my phone at all times. I only need to be able to have truly unlimited internet and access to them when I need them.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I disagree that its a stupid choice. Most of my storage is already in the cloud. My music, movies, photos are all in one cloud service or another, so the 8GB made perfect sense to me.

Just because it doesn't work for you, doesn't mean that its stupid. I have no need to carry all 15,000 songs I have in my phone at all times. I only need to be able to have truly unlimited internet and access to them when I need them.

Unless you have unlimited, your data is going to get drained quickly...
And if you have 500 songs, that's a large portion of your space gone.

darkoman4

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't need more than 8 Gig also. All the phones I have got 16 Gig and I really don't use half of it. All my music, docs, photos are in the cloud. I have netflix, hulu and amazon prime for movies. All podcasts I stream. Absolutely no need for anything on the phone. I am not hard core gamer either. I have unlimited data with AT&T and still not using more then 2 gig with them. I have WiFi at home and work. Restaurant I go for lunch has WiFi, so how can you say to everybody that ordering 8 gig device is stupid. Does that make me stupid too for saving myself 50 $?

Doooshty

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Unless you have unlimited, your data is going to get drained quickly...
And if you have 500 songs, that's a large portion of your space gone.

I have T-Mobile truly unlimited no throttling data cap, so why do I need everything on my phone? I only need to be able to get to it anytime I need to, which I can. If you don't have an unlimited plan then the 16GB makes more sense, its a wasted $50 to me though.

Even if I didn't have unlimited I'd spend that $50 on a 32GB Wi-Drive or spend $90 and get a 64GB. that would work fantastic for my needs. Maybe not yours, I wouldn't call you stupid for getting something other than me though

AuntieJimbo

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Nothing yet for anyone?
I don't know why I keep tormenting myself, hoping that my 6-7 week window will magically shrink to however many weeks it's been now.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have T-Mobile truly unlimited no throttling data cap, so why do I need everything on my phone? I only need to be able to get to it anytime I need to, which I can. If you don't have an unlimited plan then the 16GB makes more sense, its a wasted $50 to me though.

Even if I didn't have unlimited I'd spend that $50 on a 32GB Wi-Drive or spend $90 and get a 64GB. that would work fantastic for my needs. Maybe not yours, I wouldn't call you stupid for getting something other than me though

Or maybe the fact that you can't do those (whatever a wi-drive is, i think it's a usb thing for a removable disk) unless you root it but yeah you can.

mycrownvic02#WN

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
ordered 27th 8 gig, 4-5 weeks. Nothing yet. I think its pretty safe to say I wont get it before Christmas, as many others wont either. If it does not ship by friday, O well, the wait continues..

Doooshty

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Or maybe the fact that you can't do those (whatever a wi-drive is, i think it's a usb thing for a removable disk) unless you root it but yeah you can.

No a wi-drive is a portable WiFi hard drive solution. It works with all android devices via an app and a WiFi connection. Sooo...maybe the fact you CAN do those.