Has Apple lost their minds?

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Damn hypocrites. Apple is just full of hypocritical, conceited people. And their products attract people that are the same way.

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Damn hypocrites. Apple is just full of hypocritical, conceited people. And their products attract people that are the same way.

I resent that statement. I love Apple products however I laud the way they do business. I am hoping that with Jobs' departure, the culture will start to change there. I use the iPhone 4 because overall, it's the best phone on the market. Trust me, I am screaming for someone to come along and give me a reason to move away from the iPhone. I want to go back to Android. I'm hoping the Nexus Prime and maybe even the Bionic can not just beat my iPhone 4, but the iPhone 5 as well.

JOEKC

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I resent that statement. I love Apple products however I laud the way they do business. I am hoping that with Jobs' departure, the culture will start to change there. I use the iPhone 4 because overall, it's the best phone on the market. Trust me, I am screaming for someone to come along and give me a reason to move away from the iPhone. I want to go back to Android. I'm hoping the Nexus Prime and maybe even the Bionic can not just beat my iPhone 4, but the iPhone 5 as well.

"Laud" or loathe? Big difference!

BarneyDroid

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
You got to look at it this way...what happens a dog gets backed into a corner? It strikes. That's exactly what Apple is doing. They did well for so long and now that these other companies are threatening Apple's reign with supreme advancement in technologies that caught them off guard. That's all they can do is "strike" so that they can reposition themselves. Android had it right from the get go: design something that the customer wants. Unlike Apple who designed something that benefited them and people just followed it because it was cool at the time.

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
It's apples party, and they'll cry if they want to!

Jojo I'm sorry you've been converted if you still thinking I5, I mean i4sUCKERS can truly compete with bionic or any other top android phone today...

MingGZ

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

a single reason that push me away: Locked bluetooth
ip is in a closed environment. They said it is to protect it but I think it is to protect their stake more!

jerryjerryjerry

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
You got to look at it this way...what happens a dog gets backed into a corner? It strikes. That's exactly what Apple is doing. They did well for so long and now that these other companies are threatening Apple's reign with supreme advancement in technologies that caught them off guard. That's all they can do is "strike" so that they can reposition themselves. Android had it right from the get go: design something that the customer wants. Unlike Apple who designed something that benefited them and people just followed it because it was cool at the time.

Supreme advancements in technology like what? 25 different skins to slow down an already laggy, glitchy cobbled-together Frankenstein OS? Or did you mean having virtually no rules or guidelines for app development that nothing looks uniform or consistent?

The ONLY reason Android has succeeded is because they give the OS away to anyone who wants it. Quit kidding yourself that it has anything to do with quality or that anyone other than Android fan boys care about customizing ROMS and home screen themes. They don't.

The fact is people walk into a phone store and they see 80% Android phones. Two iPhones and a smattering of Blackberry's and Windows Phones.

You have to GO OUT OF YOUR WAY not to get an Android, it's almost like a damn Android falls into your hand when you walk in the door. If it doesn't, then the nerdy Android fan boy salesperson will try to talk you into one.

Apple isn't backed into a corner. They just don't like being ripped off. It comes from years of being ripped off. Every time they design a new computer, there are 100 ty Chinese knockoffs of the design in BestBuy 2 weeks later. Ooooh "ultra book" that's original.

So, yes, Apple has been pricks about lawsuits, but they don't have much of a choice. What else can they do? Roll over and keep letting the Asian crap factories and Google steal from them with impunity? Not likely.

The other option of course would be for someone to... I don't know, maybe come up with their OWN ideas for a smartphone. Something that looks nothing like an iPhone and doesn't steal concepts and ideas from them relentlessly.

Oddly enough, it took Microsoft to prove that this is perfectly possible. Check out Windows Phone. Looks nothing like the iPhone and voila.. Microsoft has no problems with Apple suing them over their interface do they?

Check out the Nokia Lumia 900. Really nice looking phone and guess what? Unlike Samsung's trash, it looks NOTHING like an iPhone. Completely original and guess what? Apple isn't suing them either.

Make your own stuff and Apple will have no problem not suing you. It couldn't be simpler.

jerryjerryjerry

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It's apples party, and they'll cry if they want to!

Jojo I'm sorry you've been converted if you still thinking I5, I mean i4sUCKERS can truly compete with bionic or any other top android phone today...

No way can Apple or anyone else compete with Android when it comes to throwing clock cycles and cores at a phone OS only to have it STILL lag and stutter because you were too stupid to prioritize touch input on your phone OS when you designed it from the beginning.

That's true.

Microsoft and Apple will never catch up to Google when it comes to making an incoherent mess of a platform with a dozen ty skins you need to root your phone just to get rid of. They will never match the Android platform for sheer volume of useless apps, malware and just poorly designed apps with wildly varying interfaces that don't even look like they belong to the same OS.

I don't have an iPhone, I use a Windows Phone personally and I've owned 2 Android phones and an Android tablet--- but I'll never make that mistake again. Worst OS I've ever experiences in 25 years of using computers and different devices.

I would PAY for a Symbian phone or a Blackberry even before I'd take a free Android from you. What a sorry mess Android is. I'm just glad I figured it out. I feel sorry for all those clueless consumers that just want a reliable phone and walk into a phone store where 80% of the devices run a ty, lagging OS that's still in beta and they don't even know it. They only have an 2/10 chance of walking out of the store with a good phone that won't be running like dog 4 months after they bought it. It's really a show.

anon(430792)

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
No way can Apple or anyone else compete with Android when it comes to throwing clock cycles and cores at a phone OS only to have it STILL lag and stutter because you were too stupid to prioritize touch input on your phone OS when you designed it from the beginning.

That's true.

Microsoft and Apple will never catch up to Google when it comes to making an incoherent mess of a platform with a dozen ty skins you need to root your phone just to get rid of. They will never match the Android platform for sheer volume of useless apps, malware and just poorly designed apps with wildly varying interfaces that don't even look like they belong to the same OS.

I don't have an iPhone, I use a Windows Phone personally and I've owned 2 Android phones and an Android tablet--- but I'll never make that mistake again. Worst OS I've ever experiences in 25 years of using computers and different devices.

I would PAY for a Symbian phone or a Blackberry even before I'd take a free Android from you. What a sorry mess Android is. I'm just glad I figured it out. I feel sorry for all those clueless consumers that just want a reliable phone and walk into a phone store where 80% of the devices run a ty, lagging OS that's still in beta and they don't even know it. They only have an 2/10 chance of walking out of the store with a good phone that won't be running like dog 4 months after they bought it. It's really a show.

At the top of the page, you click the 4th button from the left on the black bar.

Glad I could help.

tattoomikeinnc

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I hate iJunk, personal preface and opinion tho...it really irritates me to go to a dozen stores to look for a phone case and see eighty dollar covers for iPhone and a thousand different kind a at that.....I don't use apple,I did once, it was so simplified and dimmed out to me...Android has it's faults as do all OS systems but at least I can use and buy from anywhere,I don't have to use apple only....I like my own bit sites and my off market apps....even if they all are bugged....that said I have never noticed any drawback personally to Android...I heart allot of people say that there's glitches in Android apps but yet to experience any thing but perfection ... I just wish stores will realize that half the people put there do not use ijunk and do not appreciate having to select from online vendors if you want a case or sleeve for your phone or tab.... However there's a dew phones that always have accessories available, but I don't have that....I have my virgin Optimis elite (which runs flawlessly in every aspect) and as of 2 days ago my Toshiba excite ten....which side by side comparisons today at 2 retailers converted 5 iPad users to Android lovers....it absolutely crushed the iPad in everything from form to function in several top end games, browsing speed, and download upload speeds....but whatever I'm just ranting,I forgot what this thread was really about lol

Sent from an Optimis Elite powered by Android via Virgin Mobile

tattoomikeinnc

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
And why come to Android central to bash Android? See my avatar...say it all....if prefer the rock

Sent from an Optimis Elite powered by Android via Virgin Mobile

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

That's true.

I don't think you've ever figured ANYTHING out. Let alone how Android is. Maybe you hate choices and using your brain. That's fine. Steve Jobs loves you for it. But no one else cares.

Sent via SwiftKey 3 on Droid Razr Maxx

Reactions: 5.56nato

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Supreme advancements in technology like what? 25 different skins to slow down an already laggy, glitchy cobbled-together Frankenstein OS? Or did you mean having virtually no rules or guidelines for app development that nothing looks uniform or consistent?

The ONLY reason Android has succeeded is because they give the OS away to anyone who wants it. Quit kidding yourself that it has anything to do with quality or that anyone other than Android fan boys care about customizing ROMS and home screen themes. They don't.

The fact is people walk into a phone store and they see 80% Android phones. Two iPhones and a smattering of Blackberry's and Windows Phones.

You have to GO OUT OF YOUR WAY not to get an Android, it's almost like a damn Android falls into your hand when you walk in the door. If it doesn't, then the nerdy Android fan boy salesperson will try to talk you into one.

Apple isn't backed into a corner. They just don't like being ripped off. It comes from years of being ripped off. Every time they design a new computer, there are 100 ty Chinese knockoffs of the design in BestBuy 2 weeks later. Ooooh "ultra book" that's original.

So, yes, Apple has been pricks about lawsuits, but they don't have much of a choice. What else can they do? Roll over and keep letting the Asian crap factories and Google steal from them with impunity? Not likely.

The other option of course would be for someone to... I don't know, maybe come up with their OWN ideas for a smartphone. Something that looks nothing like an iPhone and doesn't steal concepts and ideas from them relentlessly.

Oddly enough, it took Microsoft to prove that this is perfectly possible. Check out Windows Phone. Looks nothing like the iPhone and voila.. Microsoft has no problems with Apple suing them over their interface do they?

Check out the Nokia Lumia 900. Really nice looking phone and guess what? Unlike Samsung's trash, it looks NOTHING like an iPhone. Completely original and guess what? Apple isn't suing them either.

Make your own stuff and Apple will have no problem not suing you. It couldn't be simpler.

Why so much anger?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

I find this post funny considering #1 that the original post is about Apple saying basically that Motorola has too many unique ideas and it's not fair. And #2 the new iPod is a complete rip off of the Lumia. Look it up.

Oh I know you will now say it was
Nokia that stole it from Apple now because you have to defend your statement and the church of Apple. You will say it's okay because the Nano looked like it, but truly apple stole the unique way the bezel extended from the body which was
the key feature. It's not because it's colored or has a black screen. These are general things. The raised bezel makes the Lumia look 100% unique. This is why Apple used it as an example of a great design that didn't copy the iPhone in the Samsung case.

I guess they liked it enough to duplicate it.

Apple has a double standard and are hypocrites.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I find this post funny considering #1 that the original post is about Apple saying basically that Motorola has too many unique ideas and it's not fair. And #2 the new iPod is a complete rip off of the Lumia. Look it up.

Oh I know you will now say it was Nokia that stole it from Apple now because you have to defend your statement and the church of Apple. You will say it's okay because the Nano looked like it, but truly apple stole the unique way the bezel extended from the body which was the key feature. It's not because it's colored or has a black screen. These are general things. The raised bezel makes the Lumia look 100% unique. This is why Apple used it as an example of a great design that didn't copy the iPhone in the Samsung case.

I guess they liked it enough to duplicate it.

Apple has a double standard and are hypocrites.