Has everyone gotten the 4.4 notification?

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Hey all, I was just wondering if most of the users here have already upgraded to KitKat or at least have had the option to do so. I live about 20 mins north of New York City and nothing has happened on my end as of yet. When I hit Settings>Software Update>Check New, pretty much nothing happens. I'm curious as to if anyone else has experienced a situation similar to mine. Maybe the update has yet to roll out in the Northeast, I don't know but I see a lot of users here have updated already.

Anyway, feedback would be much appreciated! Thanks.

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion but no luck unfortunately. Powered it off then on again and check for new updates. It checks for updates for about 10 seconds then nothing happens.

Nate7161

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like you need a new sim card. This has have to me in the past. There was an update last year that I tried to get but my phone could not find it. Verizon sent me a replacement sim after I complained a bit and instantly after installing the new sim the update was available to download.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

May 2, 2014
Visit site
That's definitely food for thought. It was really bothering me so I decided to call up Verizon tech support and the guy said I should be getting it momentarily. The 4.4.2 update for the One Max is 90% done so they should focus more on the DNA when that's over with. If I don't get the notification in a few weeks, I'll ask for another SIM

Posted via Android Central App

Nate7161

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
That's a new excuse from Verizon, haven't heard that one yet. The sim is free from Verizon. Just call them or stop by their store and they will give you a replacement sim.

bunky1971

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Reasonable...Just my two cents, consider yourself lucky you didn't get it yet....if you're s-off and rooted, just flash the 4.4.2 that's out there. Since this update I'm having nothing but problems losing 4G connectivity and super slow d/l speeds. Logged three hours with tech support so far, New SIM, four resets and nothing but grief...

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Your two cents is much appreciated. I may just stick it out with 4.2.2 because it's fine and my phone's still running like a champ then I'll just end up getting the M9 next year. Thanks man.

Jexotic

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Your two cents is much appreciated. I may just stick it out with 4.2.2 because it's fine and my phone's still running like a champ then I'll just end up getting the M9 next year. Thanks man.

A very wise decision. 👌

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays