Has your opinion of Apple changed?

Has your opinion of Apple changed?

• Total voters

Pace Racing

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered the Evo 4G LTE, and like many of you, I have been reading various forums about the ITC holdup of our phone and the One X. I then started reading many related articles, and the more I read, the more disgusted I became with Apple. From articles that talked about how Samsung had their lawyers design their latest phone, to the hypocrisy of apple stealing the notifications and Ice Cream Sandwich features like facial recognition unlock and different swipe to unlock direction to go directly to the camera. I also think it's ironic that Steve Jobs is famously quoted as saying good artists create, great artists steal. The opinion I've formed of Apple is one of a bully that has enough power to get ridiculous things patented, then selectively enforces them to their own gain, regardless of what happens to consumers. But I guess Apples lack of concern for even their own customers has been shown with them blocking google apps from their market, pulling google maps from the next release of their software (which will certainly make iPhone users experience worse) to even buying app suggestions apps so they could ensure no google apps are suggested.

I'm an American, and would love to stand behind a successful American company, but I see Apple as an embarrassment that proliferates the "sue happy American culture" the rest of the world judges us for. What do you think?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
yes and no.

My opinion is already low, but that is besides the point. I cannot fault them for taking advantage of a broken patent system. They want to protect their own and get every dollar they can.

If the system wasnt broken, we would not have this mess.

Reactions: Ry

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I have no hard feeling . I Blame the MONEY GRUBBING LAWYERS that then later become the Judges. This entire Sue and protect your ass is all because of them and the Great Money cycle it creates. Apple is just playing the Game as it's laid out like everyone else is.

Reactions: Ry

DaEXfactoR

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I understand that in corporate America, its about the bottom line, but I always took solace in the fact that the technology industry, while the main priority may have been profit , it was also about furthering technology in general. These days I don't see Apple pushing anything except money into their pockets. They wait for features to become widely popular before they put them in their software. They seem to buy patents rather than create anything. Then use these patents to slope the landscape in their favor. I would be curious to know out of all these software patents they are currently litigating over, how many of these are actual technologies they created in-house. If anyone has insight into this, let me know.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Pace Racing

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I understand that in corporate America, its about the bottom line, but I always took solace in the fact that the technology industry, while the main priority may have been profit , it was also about furthering technology in general. These days I don't see Apple pushing anything except money into their pockets. They wait for features to become widely popular before they put them in their software. They seem to buy patents rather than create anything. Then use these patents to slope the landscape in their favor. I would be curious to know out of all these software patents they are currently litigating over, how many of these are actual technologies they created in-house. If anyone has insight into this, let me know.

That is a very interesting question. I hope we get some answers to that here.

UNSCleric

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I already didn't buy any of their stuff after getting burned on my one and only purchase in 2005, but I usually had respect for what they have done. Now I don't respect them whatsoever and won't be from here on out.

Magman007

May 12, 2012
Visit site

Please see "google buys motorola"

and tell me they didn't do it for the patents?

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I love my MacBook Air, but this just makes me hate iOS devices and the mentality of their associated sheeple even more than I already did.

Tyler Durden

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I was never a fan of Apple products, but I never disliked Apple until now...
I see them as being bitter that the iPhone and iPad have serious competition and are actually not the monopoly anymore in the smartphone game.... to me, it seems that they realize the only way they can try and keep people interested in their products is to keep the competition from being able to sell their products... they aren't trying to compete with Android (probably because they can't)... case in point, the iPhone is STILL the same size as it was when it first came out, while Android phones offer various different sizes to choose from... and there is NO free music downloading with an iPhone... iPhone owners are shocked when I tell them I can download music for free with my Android phone! LOL!

UNSCleric

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I was never a fan of Apple products, but I never disliked Apple until now...
I see them as being bitter that the iPhone and iPad have serious competition and are actually not the monopoly anymore in the smartphone game.... to me, it seems that they realize the only way they can try and keep people interested in their products is to keep the competition from being able to sell their products... they aren't trying to compete with Android (probably because they can't)... case in point, the iPhone is STILL the same size as it was when it first came out, while Android phones offer various different sizes to choose from... and there is NO free music downloading with an iPhone... iPhone owners are shocked when I tell them I can download music for free with my Android phone! LOL!

Apple owners are like a sheltered and abused spouse that can't believe how great life could be if they actually could get away from what is abusing them and holding them back with ultimate control.

Benzter

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Without a doubt or second thought, yes. I never like Apple products besides using an ipod touch i got for free and use when I work out, but this just caused me to boil over the top with anger. A lot of my close friends and cousins have iphones because they think nothing is better and it's still 2007 :mad: ... They try and say my og evo and new evo lte are iphone rip offs but when they actually hold the phone in their hand they have nothing but compliments. People still complimenting a 2 year old Evo 4g while they are using a much superior 4s just makes me smile. :) Apple is being the ultimate troll by limiting the free market with these obtuse patents, and yes they may have their right to patent ridiculous things but as a business major myself there is a thing called Business ethics. Apple really has no ethics or morals for us, the general consumer. I will never spend another penny on anything apple for the rest of my days since they don't want me to buy and receive what I want. So yes I always resented Apple since they are an egotistical company with some very arrogant fanboys/girls, but this was just the tipping point for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenamac