Have 2 lines on T-Mobile? Magenta Friday is a CRAZY deal, read and call!!!

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
First, read here

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/black-friday-2016.htm

I have two lines on an old promo Simple Choice... so 2 unlimited lines for $100. I noticed this on Wednesday and called first thing this morning. Basically, I just got two unlimited lines, a tablet/data line AND an LG G Pad X 8.0 tablet free*... well, almost free... I had to pay sales tax on the tablet and the $20 SIM fee for the tablet line only (waved on the two voice lines)

Oh, and its free via bill credits... so I'll see the fee for the three added lines and the tablet EIP then a series of credits wiping those off... a move, I assume, is to move around the money for some sort of financial advantage on their part (maybe a higher tax write off, etc).

So that 2 unlimited lines for $100 just became 4 unlimited voice lines, a data line AND a halfway decent tablet for $100.

Not to mention that there are a few other goodies in there as well.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The EIP/credit system is basically a rehashing of two year contracts that had prorating ETFs.
In a ways, you could see it like that. But there still is no charge attached to adding on both the tablet and the LTE data line attached to it. Seeing as I am not planning on leaving at any point in the near future, there's little to no risk on my part.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The EIP/credit system is basically a rehashing of two year contracts that had prorating ETFs.
Yep. All the carriers are doing it now. Usually any deal or money taken off is done via 24 months so you have to stay to get the full amount.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yep. All the carriers are doing it now. Usually any deal or money taken off is done via 24 months so you have to stay to get the full amount.
T-Mobile took a bath with the S7 BOGO deal, I'm sure. Immediately after that ended they switched from handing out prepaid MasterCards to 24 EIP credits instead.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Sorry in advance for my silly questions. I currently have 1 line as my main line, and another line for my Gear S2 that hasn't been used and not charged since last year. Would adding the 2 free lines benefit me, and will it increase my existing plan? If so, I rather not get this promo.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
You need two voice lines in order to qualify. If that second line is a full voice line and not just a data line, you might be able to get it.

Couldn't hurt to call.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I did this when it happened, added a fourth unlimited line and a fifth line being a mobile internet line (for a tablet or hotspot).. I can't wait to get those credits back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali