Have a rooted phone on Straight Talk? Please help!

GunnerFan420

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm hoping someone with a rooted phone on the Straight Talk network could check the following file for two values:

/system/customize/ACC/default.xml

I am looking for the radio_type and sku_id values which may be found in the following lines near the very bottom of the file:

<item type="integer" name="radio_type">8</item>
<item type="integer" name="sku_id">13</item>

8 and 13 are for my old carrier, Verizon, so I need to switch them to the proper values for Straight Talk.

Thank you!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Straight Talk isn't a carrier, they're a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO). You're still on some carrier's towers. If you're still on Verizon's towers, the values would be correct. If not, we'd need to know which carrier you're on. (You're the only one who can tell us which one you chose when you went to Straight Talk.)

GunnerFan420

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Rukbat thank you for your reply. I would love to answer your question but I'm unsure how to tell. I didn't choose anything specific and they only had one sim card to choose from in their store.

IMAG1630.jpg

I thought as an MVNO you could potentially be using any of those towers depending on where you are but from your comments my assumption must be wrong. Below is my APN (probably doesn't help) and I'd try anything you might suggest to retrieve the information. Thank you!

APN Name: Straight Talk
APN: TFDATA
Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
Port: 80
MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
APN Type: default,mms,supl

GunnerFan420

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
OK I think I found which carrier my SIM card is using based on this...

If you already have the phone, check the SIM ID printed on the SIM and shown in the Prepaid menu (feature phones only). The first six numbers of the ID determine the carrier: 890126 = T-Mobile, 890141 = AT&T, 891480 = Verizon

Of course when I try to find AT&T in my list it's not there. However I'll keep digging until I find it. I'm going to test the Radio_Type values and see how it goes. There are only three that contain GSM so I'll start there.

CDMA = 2
TDSCDMA = 3
UMTS_LTE = 4
CDMA_LTE = 5
GSM_GSM = 6
GSM_CDMA = 7
WORLDPHONE_LTE_BOUND_CDMA = 8
TDSCDMA_TDLTE = 9
WORLDPHONE_GSM = 10

Thank you again sir.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
MNC 410 is AT&T. So you need those 2 lines from someone who has an American Movil (Straight Talk, TracFone, some others) on AT&T. Unfortunately, I used to have one, but I gave it away (it was a $10 phone I used to see how well AT&T covered a new house I moved to.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandraC