Have my Nexus started to crack!?

Alpejohn

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Yesterday i noticed my Nexus had started to make cracking noises, not much, but when touching it in the bottom part it makes small crack/plastic sounds witch it didnt do a few days ago. (Make it sound a little cheap)

After i had a closer look, i saw these cracks in the plastic frame going around the phone. Its now cracked bottom right corner, and both top corners.
Isnt this the same thing that happend to the S3? I remember my S3 had similar cracks in each corner.

This cant be good? :S

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    465 KB · Views: 85
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    363.4 KB · Views: 82

tommymonk

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
These are not cracks, just markings from the mould that was used to produce the plastic parts.

All N4 owners will notice these marks if they look closely

The creaking/cracking noises are from plastic moving against plastic, some handsets from the initial batches of N4 have a poor fit around the perimeter of the device.
Purely an aesthetic annoyance, Google were happy to replace my device under warranty, replacement makes no noise at all.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
If you perceive there to be an issue, why haven't you just replaced the device? I don't know what help creating a thread will do for you.

Alpejohn

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
It was just to see if anyone else had seen it before.
But if its from the molding then its not a problem and i got a answer for my question :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I dont have any markings on my Nexus 4 from what I can see but my plastic does make some noise when you apply pressure near the micro usb port.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
It was just to see if anyone else had seen it before.
But if its from the molding then its not a problem and i got a answer for my question :)

The phone appears normal to my eyes, but if its creaking and whatnot, replace it.

Alpejohn

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Will talk to the shop where i bought it on monday :)

But i dont want to send it in and be without it for a long time.. Hehe, thats whats bothering me :p

steve1113

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine had a case on within minutes of unboxing it.
I decided to take off the case to clean it when i noticed I've got the exact same finish\crack line on the same exact side. I would be very keen to see a clear photo of someone who doesn't have it to compare the difference.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Mine had a case on within minutes of unboxing it.
I decided to take off the case to clean it when i noticed I've got the exact same finish\crack line on the same exact side. I would be very keen to see a clear photo of someone who doesn't have it to compare the difference.

We kind of agreed on that already :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iseeyouo-o