Have you had a Black Screen of Death with your Bionic?

BSOD with your bionic? Unrooted only please!

• Total voters

rduckwor

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
The purpose of this survey is to try to determine the number of people that are having this issue with their Bionic. Only four options:

Yes - STD battery
Yes - Extended Battery
No
I don't know what BSOD is??

Please only unrooted handsets as rooting may wel add a complication that is unforeseen.

Thanks,

RMD

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes, actually happened for the first time to me today. Using the standard battery. I actually use 2 different standard batteries because I have the extra battery and charger.
Just noticed you said not to include rooters...oops

Kwurk

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I've had it happen twice while using the standard battery, but haven't seen it again since the first weekend of its release. (Of course now that I've said that, I'm sure I'll see it within a few hours.)

jaymelanie

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Just happened a little while ago with the extended battery. Actually I didn't have issues with the phone until I got the extended battery. Thought it was that but the data here suggests otherwise and likely just coincidental.

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Happened once with standard battery while in windshield mount and coonected to cigarette lighter charger. Was dead for an hour. Briefly cane to life and then died final death. Was replaced at Verizon store.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
My first Bionic on 9/8 had about 4 BSOD and several random reboots over a 3 day period. Verizon gave me a new one on Monday, 9/12 and I had only one BSOD after 2-3 days and nothing since then. I have used the extended battery since day one. I hope I see no more. There is a good thread on the Moto Support Forum regarding this.

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
My wife's phone went black and wouldn't power on (battery nearly full), had to remove the battery then it worked fine, no other issues

LrdAnkh#AC

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Only once with the extended battery but i was messing with installs and uninstalls at the time i think i was more the cause than the battery i have had the battery for almost nine days and had not had it happen before.

charlie310

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I actually had two phone that froze, but I can only vote once on this poll. FYI, BSOD is misleading. Both my phones did not die with a black screen. They froze when I was doing something on it. I would imagine freezing with an active screen is more common than freezing with an inactive one. Anyways, this is great info. Was beginning to think I got really unlucky with my two phones, but it looks like these issues I am having are not uncommon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caroltheresa61