Having issues flashing ROM and MR2

densego

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Alrighty, so I have downloaded the MR2 folder and there are 3 files inside of it. Now my question is do I need to rename the radio file or the mdm9k to PG05IMG? If you say the radio file I have tried that and to put it on my root sd card. Now when I reboot into hboot I choose to go into fastboot and then bootloader and it parses the zip file. Now is when I have trouble because it never ask's me if I want to install it. Is it automatically installed once parsed or what would be the next step because I am stuck.

I am also trying to use BAMF 3.0 rc. Now i have zipped the entire BAMF folder and threw it into my root sd card. I wiped everything even both cache's and went to install it and said installation aborted like half a second later. Any ideas?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Confused on what you said... you need to download the MR2 radio file, check the MD5 Sum code of the file... it's a zip file... then...

Rename the zip to PG05IMG.zip if it's not already and place it on the root of your SD Card. Boot into Bootloader: power off your phone... Turn the phone back on by holding down the volume down rocker and the power button at the same time until the phone opens in bootloader. The zip should start running and updating the radio. Once done reboot the phone on and remove the PG05IMG.zip from your phone, or rename, or move it off the root of the sd card in another folder. If its not moved after the installation it will constantly keep trying to update the radio if you ever need to boot into bootloader again to get to recovery.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Yea I have done everything but check the MD5 Sum. Is the reason why it's not working correctly?

First, having a bad download file can cause a number of issues... that is why I will never download a zip file unless I know and can confirm the MD5 Sum code.

But even with a bad zip file you still should be able to install the file... not that I would ever try that or advise it... but you should be able to download a zip file that contains a radio and do exactly what I said and have that radio install on your device.

So, if you can get to the hBoot screen, and you have the radio file (PG05IMG.zip) is located in the root directory of your SD card... the first thing you should be asked is if you want to install an update... is this what's happening, or what is happening???

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Alrighty, so I have downloaded the MR2 folder and there are 3 files inside of it. Now my question is do I need to rename the radio file or the mdm9k to PG05IMG?

And I really hope you are NOT trying to mess with what is inside the zip file... the zip file is the key... it is the radio file you need to load, NOT any of the files inside the zip file.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rambo4id