HBOOT 2.18.0001 - Just want to remove the sprint apps

mark416

May 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm somewhat confused. I have an HTC EVO 4G with HBOOT 2.18.0001. I just want to get rid of the Sprint bloatware to fix the 'Low on space' warning. Otherwise, I'd like to keep it as vanilla as possible.

I saw a detailed thread about rooting HBOOT 2.18.0001 phones, but I get confused after the unlock process.

Question: If i go through the bootloader unlock process, can I remove the Sprint bloatware with S-ON still on? If I need to do more after unlocking the bootloader, what's the cleanest, easiest way to do it and leave everything mostly the same as before (Android 2.3.5), only with the ability to remove the bloatware?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

casmi

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
If you unlock your bootloader with htcdev.com then install a custom recovery and superuser, that gives you the ability to remove the apps you want. A good app to remove them is Titanium Backup found in the Play Store. Its well worth the money to buy the paid version. It allows you to back up anything before you uninstall it. Be careful what you uninstall, it may cause issues.

I also HIGHLY recommend reading this thread before you do anything...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1386911

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robinNora