HBOOT Driver with Unrevoked - HTC Incredible

savannahman

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I am new to this so forgive me if I am a little slow. But......

I understand before rooting with Unrevoked ver.3.32, I must install the HBOOT drivers for this to work correctly. I just got this HTC incredible brand new and when I connect this to my PC the Device manager says the current driver is the "Android Bootloader Interface", which is what is supposed to say AFTER I have installed the modified HBOOT drivers. I figured what the heck so I tried to update the driver but I get the following message "windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date". I am not sure weather to proceed with the root or not under these circumstances. Anyone know how or if I should proceed?

Last edited:

TheLazarusman21

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Okay. I'm new to this as well. Everyone is telling me to root my HTC Incredible phone from Verizon. I'm trying to go through the steps. I've installed Unrevoked3 and I've checked to see if my drivers are up to date. My device manager says they are. When I go to run Unrevoked I get to a screen that says "Waiting for bootloader; make sure driver is installed" and everything stops. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong and what I need to do next? Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowoverhoe