Headphone buying advice sought

heartbeat123

Banned
Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I go to buy my iphone between now and 2 months, I have already been fully investigated'm satisfied with where I ended. Now there is a small problem, I want a headphones. But I don't know which is good. My friends give me a website:SPAM LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR There are also so many

requirements for my hp are:
-Soundness
-Quality
-Not too big
Beautiful-design
-Good bass

hopefully you can recommend me some
thanks

sirheck

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Lol. The best? They are popular. But every audiophile Magazine/website there is says different.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Lol. The best? They are popular. But every audiophile Magazine/website there is says different.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Can you show one that backs your statements up? Thanks

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

sirheck

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Here is one from Sound and Vision magazine. They have other reviews as well.

Review: WeSC Chambers by RZA Headphones | Sound and Vision Magazine
First paragraph.
"We haven?t made any secret of our general disdain for headphones endorsed by hip-hop artists. Not that we have anything against hip-hop artists, nor is there any good reason why hip-hop ?phones should sound bad. It?s just that many of them do."

Another.
Review: Sync by 50 SMS-WS Wireless Headphones | Sound and Vision Magazine

Here are some from What HiFi magazine.

House of Marley Stir It Up review from the experts at whathifi.com

Monster Beats by Dr Dre Solo HD review from the experts at whathifi.com

These are mostly over ear cans not shure what the OP wants.
over the ear or in-ear.

Most professional reviews all say the same thing, that the bass overshadows
the mids and highs. Which is how most of the rap celebrities who market
these intend as rap has heavy bass.

But they are not good for true neutral musicality.

Reactions: Mercury81

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Just take a gander at head-fi.org. You get run out of there if you even admit to thinking about purchasing them.

From my experience they're nice, but not worth more than 30 or 40 bones. Branding deserves the rest, I guess, but there quality isn't as good as phones in their normal range.

Sent from my TARDIS

jnnyr

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

I go to buy my iphone between now and 2 months, I have already been fully investigated'm satisfied with where I ended. Now there is a small problem, I want a headphones. But I don't know which is good . There are also so many

requirements for my hp are:
-Soundness
-Quality
-Not too big
Beautiful-design
-Good bass

hopefully you can recommend me some
thanks

Hey there. Let me know what you are looking for (in-ear, noise reduction, over ear, etc.) I am a musician and audio engineer and currently own probably 12 different sets and have been through many in the past. I have at least one of each type and more likely a few of each and can give you the pro's and cons.

thelastred

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
If your looking for great sounding headphones with all 3 buttons working
Try urbeats (not ibeats) htc beats solo or Sony smart headset in ear. All buttons work on galaxy s ,nexus and htc from what I tried. They also sound great lol.

tyson.clarke

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I will never go without my plantronics back beats Bluetooth headset.

Stereo, huge volume, call and music buttons, and something people need to experience to appreciate - NO WIRES.

903+ back beats by plantronics. Probably $80

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

thelastred

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
All headphones I mention work has 3 button and. Mic all 3 buttons work and mic

-Nokia purity hd and inear
-htc beats solo and htc urbeats
- souls SL99s (inear)
-nocs ns 200h (inear)

Also just so every one knows Nokia Lumia,Htc Samsung galaxy ,Sony all use Industry-standard headphone jack. So basically that means any headphones that works for one works for all.
The reason I know is because I tested in AT&T store. I own the Nokia purityhd and htc urbeats.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Can you show one that backs your statements up? Thanks

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

This from Stereophile.com

"Yet in direct comparisons with Skullcandy's less expensive Aviators, the Solo HDs lacked clarity, detail, presence, and drama, with notably muted highs, a more congested midrange, and overripe bass. All of that would be fine if the Solo HDs somehow managed to convey the music's heart and soul, but they didn't. They missed subtle things, like the schoolboy humor of Eminem's song-stealing verses in Dr. Dre's own "Forgot About Dre," and obvious things like the fist-pumping thrill of Bruce Springsteen's "Thunder Road" (both 256kbps MP3s from download) when, at 2:38, the dueling guitars, drums, and piano all meet in ecstatic embrace.

What the hell, man? Really, how do you miss that?" - Quote from article

The Entry Level #29 | Stereophile.com

2 pages. These guys are real audiophiles.

Dflash

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I bought the SONY MDR-ZX300 headphones for just 30 euros and man i become reborn these are the best headphones I have ever used. It doesn't mean that if the headphones are expensive and well commercialized the are the best (beats by DR.DRE). mine are blue MDR-ZX300 | Classic | Features | MDRZX300L.AE | MDRZX300 | Sony
136695.jpeg

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
For me,

1. - budget in-ears - has to be the Sony MH1Cs: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Headset-SmartKey-Control-XPERIA/dp/B008OG16EQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1367660730&sr=1-1&keywords=sony+mh1c

2. - closed cup - I use Sennheiser HD25SPs, which are kinda pricey, don't look funky BUT sound superb, are totally rebuildable, tough as hell and have been the standard used by DJs for years: Sennheiser Hd25sp Headphones - Price For 1: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

3. Purely for sound: Grado SR80i - these sounds so good, it's untrue. But they wont fare as well as the HD25s for travelling: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Grado-SR-80i-SR80i-Headphones/dp/B000G3LCQC/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1367662830&sr=1-1&keywords=grado+sr80i

Sorry, links are UK

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Any good pair of headphones that fits your size requirements and thats not beats unless you want only bass. If you spend a over 50 - 100 $ I doubt you could tell the difference with a cell phone. Youd probably have to have better amp to actually use any higher end headphones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao