Hello everyone

joey92

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I just orders a virgin mobile optimus slider and I'm new to the fourms. I'm coming from an optimus v and I decided its time for an upgrade Ive learned quite a bit on my journey with my optimus v... now here is my question how would I go about rooting and installing a recovery I know how to flash a rom also with rooting the phone can I use gingerbreak or a similar app and what are everyones overclocking speeds

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I just orders a virgin mobile optimus slider and I'm new to the fourms. I'm coming from an optimus v and I decided its time for an upgrade Ive learned quite a bit on my journey with my optimus v... now here is my question how would I go about rooting and installing a recovery I know how to flash a rom also with rooting the phone can I use gingerbreak or a similar app and what are everyones overclocking speeds

The OV was the better phone in my honest opinion, you're not gonna get much support for this device anytime soon. But to answer your question, use the LG Esteem root, it works. If not then SuperOneClick should do the trick. As for flashing a recovery, you can flash the modified CWM recovery that's somewhere in these forums, the Gelato rom thread has links and tutorials that should lead you in the right direction. Whatever rom you wanna use is up to you but all we got here is Gelato, Mobster, and AreaSlider. Enjoy the slider, I hope CM7 or CM9 are ported soon enough tho. Then you can really enjoy this device to the fullest. For now it's just a device I wouldn't recommend. Optimus Q has more support, and some of their roms work on the slider, you just need to swap the boot.img to get it to work, tho ADB might break.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
In that case I'm going to try to port cm7 :)

That would be awesome :D

Edit: btw I forgot to mention that it's overclocked to 800MHz by default, you can't go any higher than that at the moment.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

joey92

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Ok thanks for the info I'm accually replying to you on it right now lol but we need to assemble a team and get development for this phone going

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Android Central Forums

MasterTec

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I just bought my GF one of these sliders. I've been very happy with my OV since October and her Sprint contract finally ended (she was paying out the donkey for the privilege of owning a Rumor Touch with no data!)

Anyway so far I've been able to use it a little to compare it to my OV (Running Harmonia 2.08 at 600Mhz) and all in all in its stock form I felt like my OV performed better.

After rooting and installing Mobster onto the slider it now feels "about the same". I'll probably end up putting Gelato on it as there doesn't seem to be much in the way of Mobster support anymore. If someone ports CM7 that may end up doing the trick as well!

I got her the Slider because she doesn't need the fastest and newest phone out there, because I've been very happy with VM's service so far, and because she INSISTS on having a physical keyboard. It's been a few weeks and so far it's been pretty good for her, doing everything that she needs it to do and then some.

Personally I used to be a fan of physical keyboards too (my big fat fingers have issues with on screen keyboards) but now that I'm used to Swype I really don't even miss having a keyboard any more.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pkd