Help... Apps on SD all disappear ?

boxta

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I accidentally dropped my phone yesterday, and it went to a boot loop... couldn't get it working again, so I decided to wipe and nandroid restore.. which got me back to rom...

then i noticed all the apps that were moved to SD has disappeared... all my shortcuts on my home screen shows the default android icon and doesn't work anymore... many of my songs in SD card won't play anymore (though some can... mysteriously)

i resit my sd card a few times.. same..

then i realize my sd card seems to be readable by the OS>.. because i was able to nandroid and i can actually see my titanium backup files too...

so it's definitely in a weird state.. which i can't figure out.. ( i suppose the last resort would be to try re flashing a rom, then re set up everything via titanium)

anyone has any idea??

thanks

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Part of any app that you move to the SD card will still remain on the phone memory. So anything that was added after the backup will not be there. If your backups on Titanium are still good, I would restore from there. You shouldn't have to reflash the ROM, but a factory reset may help (at least you have Titanium). If you have a backup of your SD card on your computer, it might be a good idea to format your SD card and reload if your still having issues.

boxta

May 27, 2010
Visit site
the nandroid backup is recent.. and it contains all the apps... every single apps on SD card has gone missing... i tried titanium and it successfully restored the missing app..

but my market FC.. so some thing is still very wrong

interesting.. i just restored kindle app... it works.. even though the icon on my home screen is still the default icon.. and so i tried to move it to SD card to see what happens... to my surprise that works too.. and the default icon immediately change to the real kindle icon..

so it's like the sd card works.. but it seems like all the link that exists previously.. has been gone or something...

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
That's possible. You might be able to just move that apps again. I am still worried about it not working right. You might want to do the factory reset anyway and redo your nandroid after you restore everything from Titanium. Are you stock rooted or running a ROM? Also, if you don't have to, I would keep what you can on the phone memory instead of the SD card.

MEZOCLONE

May 6, 2011
Visit site
That's possible. You might be able to just move that apps again. I am still worried about it not working right. You might want to do the factory reset anyway and redo your nandroid after you restore everything from Titanium. Are you stock rooted or running a ROM? Also, if you don't have to, I would keep what you can on the phone memory instead of the SD card.
I know this sounds to easy but try this. Go to settings> personalize> skin> change skin then change back to your original skin and you should at least have your icons back. I had the same problem and it worked for me so i guess its worth a shot!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
autocascade