Help! ATT Claiming my S4 has water damage. Can anyone take a look at this pic real quick?

james1199

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
This phone has never been dropped in any amount of water. Its never gotten wetter than the humid east coast air.

After 4 hours with ATT today I took the case off myself just to see what the hell they were talking about and this is what I see.

Unless I'm wrong, that factory water indicator with the purple Xs is showing NO DAMAGE. The sensor on the battery is white as well.

My question is this: what is the big ugly pink sticker on the right and why is the case itself all marked up with sharpie? I didn't do that.

Thank you.

DkDYPmV.jpg

DSWR

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Theres little bits of sticker on these devices that change colour when water or other liquids touch them. I'm not 100% what they are on this phone. Watch a rebuild video and see if yours is identical

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Well there is water damage then their is moisture that could cause a false positive. You can usually tell the difference between the two regardless of these stickers which are known to be faulty and inaccurate at best. I would fight it.