Help Brotha Out...please

Zedd

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a LgG4 for almost almost two years now. Love it,.never any problems with it much.
I got the itch for a new phone and there are a few nice deals floating around right now.
Should I get the Google Pixel XL 128 gig or the LgV20 or hold out for the next in line LgG6 in hopes it might be a better phone then the dog the G5 was/is?
I've pretty much lost faith in Samsung, didn't like the Galaxy 6 or 7 and the Note..well recalls tend to taint my opinion.
Any help offerings are greatly appreciated as I stand in Best Buy wondering what to pull the trigger on or if I should just reholster for now and wait.
Although those who wait have nothing in tech because tech is always changing!

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Well what are your interests or needs in a phone? Are you a user that depends on a phone all day or someone who is on it every once in a while with low-mid use? Do you use it mainly for the camera or social media? Etc... Anything you use it for and for your personal preference. I myself would choose the Google Pixel XL because the design and snappiness and also because I've never owned a Nexus/Pixel device and would like to try new things.

Edited: Both the V20 and Pixel XL are great devices, it just depends on your taste.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi! If you have enjoyed your experience with LG, and if you like having a removable battery, I would definitely recommend the V20. Yes, the Pixel line is amazing, but it all depends on your needs. Do you like bigger phones? What is your usage like? Both phones have great cameras and would serve you well, IMO.

Zedd

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I like large phones. Can't say I'm a power user but I can go thru two batteries a day if I'm not near an outlet where I can charge as needed.
I mostly do Fantasy Football on my phone. I belong to four leagues and I'm competitive so I'm on my phone allot. I use Facebook several times a day, check email and watch videos on YouTube anytime I want, I am a Red member. I cast to my Chromecast or my Sony tv when ever I want. Basically I do no gauge my use, do what I want when I want to. That said I rarely use over 3 gig's a month on my Verizon account and that mainly because I stay connected to Wi-Fi when ever possible.
Hope that helps y'all help me decide on a phone.
Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas to y'all!!!

Joe aka Zedd

Last edited:

1khalid

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm still with the LG G4 and I have no problems at all. I really like this phone and would probably move onto the LG V20 myself if I was in the market for a new phone. But I'll just wait it out for now. Maybe by the time I actually need a new phone they'll have the G7 or G8.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777