HELP! Can not get this Nexus back to Stock just to return to insurance!

COBBCITY

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I am very sorry. I have spent two days reading posts here knowing this has been covered but finally I have to ask for help. I know this has been covered, but boy am I going nuts.

I have a Verizon Galaxy Nexus. I rooted it and have been running a customer ROM for months. For reasons unrelated, it seems the charging port has somehow gotten damaged as I can't get it to charge properly (one small move and the phone stops charging and some charging cords won't even work on this phone). In any event, I reported the defect/damage to the insurance carrier (Assuron) and have already received a replacement Nexus. GREAT! What is not so great is I do not believe shipping them this old Nexus with a custom ROM is wise even if the problem is not ROM related.

That said, I have beat my head against the wall trying to QUICKLY restore this phone to stock, throw it in the prepaid envelope and get it out of here. I have tried to download a stock ROM from this site and all I get is errors and an abort when I try and flash it (oh, I can flash more custom roms without any problem). I even downloaded WugFresh and even though my phone remains unlocked the "return to stock" stops halfway. It downloads what it needs, it starts and then hangs. Leave the phone an hour, no change. Done. Reboot the phone, still custom ROM. Ugh!

One friend suggested I find a way to make this phone a brick on purpose before shipping. I paid $99 for the insurance deducible and have been paying the fee each month for coverage, I have more than paid for this new phone (refurbished, but looks new) but "how can I brick my phone?" isn't really a covered topic. LOL

Can ANYONE please tell me a fast and easy way to get a stock Verizon ROM (heck, I'll take ICS) flash it to this phone and throw it in the mailbox? If I have to spend one more day wasted trying all the methods mentioned here to get error messages and aborted flashes when I have 10 days to return this thing I'll go nuts. It should not be this hard.

Thank you!

COBBCITY

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! Yes, I do wonder if the USB is causing some of the issues. Honestly? A friend told me to drop it in a bowl of hot water overnight. ;) I did. It actually dried out and works perfectly again in less than 24 hours. I hate to do it, but I may have to distroy it if you tip doesn't work. I just don't want to debate them and can feel it coming that I caused the issues with the custom ROM.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
If you're returning it for insurance just throw it hard against the concrete making sure it doesn't work.

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
That's a warranty replacement issue. You should be able to get Verizon or Samsung to replace it for free.

Edit: but if you dropped it in water, I'm pretty sure that'd void the warranty.

Sent from my wireless telephonic device.

brainless#AC

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
did you try cleaning the usb-charging port mine has done the same thing multiple times i work in construction and my phone is always getting in the dirt and concrete dust i take a Qtip cut it in half pinch the half with pliers dip it in alcohol and jam it in between the charging port and the case wiggle it around . you will be amazed how much dirt is in there. There is a thread on it somewhere here

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Dude.... I had a scary experience today. My phone wouldn't charge via USB. sprayed some dust off in there, whew.... works now lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos