HELP! Dead screen! need to backup data!

RickyOG90

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey everybody! So for some reason today, I was using my phone no problem, but then when I pressed the power button to turn on the screen to see a new IM response, the screen flashed white briefly before turning black again. There was a green hue at the top and bottom of the screen, so I held the power button to reboot the phone to see if that would fix it, but it didn't. Now when the screen comes on, the top of the screen with flash white and back to black. Alas, Google support has agreed to replace my phone, UNFORTUNATELY, I need to backup the rest of my stuff on my phone as only half of everything had a recent backup. Bootloader is unlocked, but USB Debugging is disabled, as I had no reason to use it and did not want the icon always showing in my notifications.

Is there a way or guide to enable USB Debugging without being able to see the screen?

I already found some programs to do a complete backup, but I need usb debugging enabled. It is very difficult as whenever you reboot a nexus 6p, even if you have fingerprint unlock, it forces you to type in your password to unlock the lockscreen, and well, without seeing the screen, I can't type in my password. So is there a way to boot in recovery or something without being able to see the screen and force enable usb debugging? Or is there a boot method where I can backup my data without needing usb debugging?

Any help is much appreciated and I have 3-4 days to do this before needing to send my defective phone back to google.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance