Help disabling "bloatware"

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyONE :p . Wanting some help with apps on the Sprint HTC One. I don't want to root but want to get "rid" of as many "bloatware" apps as I can by disabling them. Anybody help out with a list of apps that can be disabled and not screw anything up? I've searched online and can't really find any info. Found a list for the At&t One but not the Sprint version.

Thanks,
Rob

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyONE :p . Wanting some help with apps on the Sprint HTC One. I don't want to root but want to get "rid" of as many "bloatware" apps as I can by disabling them. Anybody help out with a list of apps that can be disabled and not screw anything up? I've searched online and can't really find any info. Found a list for the At&t One but not the Sprint version.

Thanks,
Rob
If you want to disable certain apps without rooting go into menu > system settings > apps (applications) > all

Look for the apps you want to disable then open it and click the disable button. Not all apps allow you to disable. I'm not exactly sure how this feature works and what defines certain apps from not allowing you to disable. I would think system level apps will not allow you to disable, while user level apps (downloaded, pre-loaded apps, etc) will.

If you want to have full access to freeze or remove certain apps then you need to root.

cleveland216

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
search for CleanROM 2.5 for HTC One. It has a list of all the things it has disabled. It is on the 'extreme' side of disabling apps for max battery life.
If you wish NOT to root, compare CleanROM's list to the apps you see on your phone and disable them.

But you will not have the control you want over the installed apps until you root! Here is where I am currently:
Unlocked, rooted, s-off, and cwm 6.0.3.3
Tried RageOne rom and CleanROM, but currently running OMJ 1.7 rom for max battery savings.
I have frozen many apps with Titanium Backup, such as Facebook for HTC.
I have installed Greenify to auto-hibernate apps <--- works great!
Powersave turned on for CPU only
JuiceDefender for Airplane mode during night time.

Even without using Airplane mode, for the past two nights I was able to draw 2% battery usage overnight! I used to see 5% battery loss or more overnight.
I'm not a person who wanted to do all of this to my phone, but the poor battery life drove me into an obsession of getting a more acceptable battery life. I'm really disturbed at how much bloatware is installed. I looked at a friends Note 2 and his list of "Android System" apps was longer than my HTC One!!

whoahbro

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Man if someone came up with a list of what we can disable that would me mucho mucho amazing.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Even if you do disable apps they still load up when you boot the phone and you you dont gain much til it is removed completely.
Im on CleanROM to...Oh wait a minute....Thats my rom lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Name